1. One of my favorite original U2 songs. Disappointed by the lack of harmonies in the verse and the weird dual-tracking vocals in the chorus. Missed opportunities here for something really special.
  2. Bring this back live!
  3. Yikes not a fan of this, ruined the original vibe imo
  4. There's only 3-4 out of the 40 that I think are better interpretations than the original and make it a better song. The rest ranges from 'ok' acoustic interpretations to downright ruining the original indeed.

The mixes don't help either even if some of the new arrangements/key changes are quite interesting.
  5. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    There's only 3-4 out of the 40 that I think are better interpretations than the original and make it a better song. The rest ranges from 'ok' acoustic interpretations to downright ruining the original indeed.

The mixes don't help either even if some of the new arrangements/key changes are quite interesting.
    How can it "ruin" the original? It's not like the new version somehow takes the place on all previous recordings or on your iTunes or Spotify.
  6. Yeah, the “ruining” complaint is beyond ridiculous.
  7. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]
    How can it "ruin" the original? It's not like the new version somehow takes the place on all previous recordings or on your iTunes or Spotify.
    I don't think Bastiaan meant that the original recording is ruined - everybody realizes that the originals are untouched no matter what the band does. I think he meant that some of the new versions are much much worse than the originals, when directly compared. i.e. if you take the original and degrade (=ruin) it, you get the SOS version.