U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Legs (1): 2023-2024
Shows: 40
Tickets:
  1. Nice.Omniversum (The Hague )2024?
  2. Originally posted by krypto1983:looks nice!

compared to the stage impression posted above, the seat from where the video has been taken has to be Level 2, right?
    Yeah, right in the middle of section 206. The best seats in the house I'd think
  3. well thats actually a small difference for a day or a week ... but still pretty steep indeed
  4. What’s great about this stage is the band has so little space to cover. Bono is actually focusing on the songs instead of shouts while jumping around.
  5. Are there any rumors about who will perform there after U2's residency ends? I don't particularly care, but I'm wondering if it will be a big-name star or more of a casual mass-market music act?
  6. Originally posted by Monopoly:What’s great about this stage is the band has so little space to cover. Bono is actually focusing on the songs instead of shouts while jumping around.
    Many have pointed out that but as a drawback, they consider Bono is somewhat "restrained" in this square stage.

It's the first normal, no-B-stage and end-of-venue stage they've played since the Lovetown tour 33 years ago. That's pretty significant.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Many have pointed out that but as a drawback, they consider Bono is somewhat "restrained" in this square stage.

It's the first normal, no-B-stage and end-of-venue stage they've played since the Lovetown tour 33 years ago. That's pretty significant.
    GA room is pretty small, but they could've included a small walkway somewhere (possibly on both sides of the stage) to give all band members a bit more freedom of movement. Of course that means they would have to sacrifice the turntable design which does look cool indeed.
  8. Originally posted by raf90:Are there any rumors about who will perform there after U2's residency ends? I don't particularly care, but I'm wondering if it will be a big-name star or more of a casual mass-market music act?
    Biggest rumor I’ve seen is Phish. They’ve got a very close relationship with MSG, as well as a rabid fan base that constantly travels for shows, so I could definitely see it happening. Most likely a shorter run both in total number of shows and actual time between shows
  9. Thank you for a clue! :3
  10. Originally posted by raf90:Are there any rumors about who will perform there after U2's residency ends? I don't particularly care, but I'm wondering if it will be a big-name star or more of a casual mass-market music act?
    I just hope for another U2 run in 2024. I totally regret missing this run and the few tickets left have insane prices…
  11. Originally posted by JY1978:[..]
    I just hope for another U2 run in 2024. I totally regret missing this run and the few tickets left have insane prices…
    And here arises the problem. Because many say that Sphere is the future of live music, everyone's jaws dropped, and everyone gets excited, and those who were there experienced a different dimension, no doubt.

But there's only one sphere. Before they build more, it will probably take 5 - 10 years. But even then, how would concert tours look in the future? Would U2 perform their World Tour 2030 in only 4 locations worldwide? That doesn't make sense. Let them play in that sphere, but for the time being, it's either stadiums or arenas. Because only a handful of fans can afford to travel to a U2 concert on another continent or even to just one country on that continent where the concert would take place.

I can't afford Vegas; it's unrealistic for me. But another concert tour and a show in my country? Of course. Even in nearby countries, it would be feasible.