U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Legs (1): 2023-2024
Shows: 40
Tickets:
  1. Based on the pics from that Twitter post, I don't know
  2. I'm quite certain there's gonna be a SOS mini segment... Probably a b-stage affair...
  3. Yup. Bono was talking about hooking acoustic guitar to the system or something like that in the Zane interview
  4. Originally posted by Brizee:Please god no SoS. Definitely not the arena or environment for any of that.

Admittedly the visuals might take your mind off it but SoS songs is not what I’m wanting to hear at these shows.

Especially not the list of song shown for SOS.
    Desire is the worst track on the album. And Streets and Pride are a waste to play live as SOS version instead of original.
  5. 11 OClock Tick Tock, Stories for Boys or Two Hearts please.
    Desire is awful
  6. Playing some SOS songs at the Sphere makes total sense because it allows Bono and Edge to fully test-drive “U2” without Larry or Adam….
  7. Originally posted by ap5:Playing some SOS songs at the Sphere makes total sense because it allows Bono and Edge to fully test-drive “U2” without Larry or Adam….
    Bono and the Edge have been successfully performing with just the two of them for years. There's no need to be conspiratorial.
  8. Originally posted by pontneuf:[..]

Especially not the list of song shown for SOS.
    Desire is the worst track on the album. And Streets and Pride are a waste to play live as SOS version instead of original.
    Yes, the idea is a given: they've had a mini-acoustic break mid-set since ZooTV, but it'd be a real shame to waste Pride and Streets on that.

Now, if they took If God Will Send His Angels & All I Want Is You (just mentionting two examples), that's a totally different story.

Who knows? Maybe that acoustic bit is precisely their chance to play a few warhorses in a different way, and that's how they look at it (although I don't agree with it, but I would understand their reasoning behind it.)
  9. An acoustic set would work well. The visuals doing all the work.
  10. Great choices but Desire is a shoe in. It is going to be the signature song of UV.
  11. Yep, talked up playing intimate songs there.