2023-10-11 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 0
Videos: 1
  1. It is killing me to not be able to go, but a little expensive going from NB Canada all the way to Vegas. I prefer a real tour next year (who doesn’t), but if they do extend it for a bit in the first part of the year I might have to go.
  2. Wild Horses was a highlight for me last night.

Whilst up in the 400's you are some distance from the stage it didn't feel as far away as I thought it was going to. Excellent view of the screen however.

Felt the atmosphere dropped off a bit for the acoustic section and didn't pick up until the encore, by Streets everyone was up standing. Finishing on BD felt odd, just needs something like I Will Follow to finish the show off.

Back tomorrow on the floor.
  3. So yeah- show was great. Lots of the crew masked, Bono’s cough and his comment about the “virus”- heard some folks speculating about someone having Covid (as mentioned in this thread)
    Was on the floor about 7 back from stage on Adams side. Bono seemed to spend more time on that side- where the glasses are at start of show. The visuals are so wild. During even better if you watch the stage because the graphics are going down it looks like the stage is rising. It’s trippy. And the sphere opening to all the little creatures during wowy, at least from the floor, was my favorite. It absolutely envelopes your entire field of vision. It’s UNREAL.
    And of course the music itself. No secret they’ve all aged, we all do, but even in spite of it there were some truly amazing moments (the whole show was good of course, just saying it’s not the 90s anymore and that’s okay).
    Must have listened to A LOT of zoo tv bootlegs because I caught myself singing parts of songs from those shows. Can’t think of any off hand but I’m sure you all know the parts when you hear the songs.

Lastly, and I absolutely took my camera out and snapped a ton of pics so I’m not judging anyone, but I don’t think I would have been sad if it had been a phoneless show. Nothing I can capture isn’t already out there except showing my sons how close I got.
    Cool. It’s amazing. Hope everyone loves it!
  4. So what happened? Edge had Covid? I'm seeing rumors online that Bono had it too?
  5. These rumors were also there on opening night.

6. Saw someone made a photo grid from one of the U2 Sphere shows (I think on Twitter.) Decided to make one from pics I took at this Oct 11 show.