1. seeing the (sick) way people behave with their phones makes me hope for a phone free sphere

love the song and its been in my head ever since I heard it .. that must something good ey
  2. Glad to see Larry, but this song is, how to put this to not offend?, uninspired.
  3. They have out more effort into this one than they did for Glastonbury. That’s something. The audio on those videos is so poor that I’ll just wait for a leak or release.
  4. Atomic City is an appropriate title: it sounds like the gathering mash-up of every mid tempo song they have recorded since HTDAAB. Bono introduces it by citing references to Blondie and The Clash (nothing could be further)... I wish he would get his head out of 70's arse. He has resided there for over ten years. Larry presence was the only upside.
  5. Indifferent.

But great to see the band together and Larry there especially.
  6. Lack of inspiration, indifference, b side????

It's very sad to see the reactions when you hear something new after 5 years. Is there really something that the usual sad ones like?
  7. Recording of the new song has taken place with Larry in France in August and more recently in two studios in LA. The drum parts are not from old recordings but are freshly recorded.

Bono mentioned Blondie and The Clash as inspirations for the song, and mentioned they’ll take from anywhere…so the Blondie similarities I’ve seen mentioned are recognized by the band.

Atomic City is a nickname for Las Vegas invented by the Chamber of Commerce in the 40s in an effort to sound hip and modern and draw tourists to the area.

8. I expect this is the end of the “my brother’s ex wife knows Adam Clayton and he said Larry quit the band last year and is never coming back” stories for a bit?
  9. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]

I expect this is the end of the “my brother’s ex wife knows Adam Clayton and he said Larry quit the band last year and is never coming back” stories for a bit?
    ✌🏻
  10. Is Larry ahead of his schedule in recovery? Great to see him and he looks healthy. Will he be able to tour in 2024?