1. I suspect it's one of the unreleased tracks from Songs of Ascent. It fits thematically.
  2. This song kicks ass, I could so see this being a hit mainstream even. Love that they are still being creative too why not
  3. Brittany Howard and Bono's voices actually mesh quite well.
  4. It's a big 'nope' for me.

It sounds like some second rate overtly preachy church song.

God this band is the biggest dichotomy going.

I know they have one last great album and awards run left in them but each time a 'by the numbers' song comes out ( this is 3 in a row now - Your Song / Atomic City / Glorify ) it chips away at said confidence.

I still beLIEve but for the love of god someone keep The Edge away from the mixing desk and don't let him bring his Casio Keyboard to the studio.
  5. just hooe david G keeps his hands off any future u2 remixes … the joker
  6. Originally posted by EdgeMedia72:I still beLIEve but for the love of god someone keep The Edge away from the mixing desk and don't let him bring his Casio Keyboard to the studio.

ROFL

Have to agree. Edge needs help from a pro. Get Rick Rubin in there. They need a second set of ears on that stuff.
  7. Originally posted by EdgeMedia72:It's a big 'nope' for me.

I know they have one last great album and awards run left in them but each time a 'by the numbers' song comes out ( this is 3 in a row now - Your Song / Atomic City / Glorify ) it chips away at said confidence.

I still beLIEve but for the love of god someone keep The Edge away from the mixing desk and don't let him bring his Casio Keyboard to the studio.
    A single written to hype the Sphere and a animated movie song dont mean squat re: Songs of unreasonable guitars.
    Neither does Glorify as ,a standalone single.
  8. Originally posted by EdgeMedia72:It's a big 'nope' for me.

You forgot Ahimsa. 😂
  9. A one off single to comemorate U2's first visit to India...
  10. Originally posted by germcevoy:Amazing how opinions differ. I’d kill for an album like this after the watered down nonsense we’ve had since 2000. (SOI is a decent body of work but still very generic modern U2).

Hear, hear!
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy:Amazing how opinions differ. I’d kill for an album like this after the watered down nonsense we’ve had since 2000. (SOI is a decent body of work but still very generic modern U2).

best opinion