2023-12-09 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 1
  1. Originally posted by podiumboy:By playing the entire AB album, they aren’t allowing any room for other deep cuts in the setlist. If they did a Zooropa acoustic set, for example, then Streets and WOWY would be the only 80’s songs in the setlist, which would be a huge disappointment to the casual fans that make up the majority of the audience.

Now if it were a more career spanning setlist, then they could really mix up the acoustic set and do an album turntable like they were talking about. Like this:
    Songs 1-8= greatest hits
    Songs 9-12- various album turntable
    Songs 13-16= greatest hits
    Encore songs 17-22= greatest hits.
    At this point they're starting the turntable section with All I Want Is You no matter what - so that's another 80s song for you. And I would call Love Rescue Me a pretty deep cut, I'm surprised it's still getting played regularly. But I get the point.

I still think the main reason they've given up on the turntable idea is they'd rather go for songs which are well rehearsed and that they feel comfortable with rather than get nervous about debuting new stuff and risk f****** it up. I don't think they were very happy with how some of these few attempted rotations went.
  2. All I Want Is You
    Angel of Harlem
    Desire
    I Still Haven’t Found…

I don’t think anyone - especially “casuals” - should complain too much about those ones.

A shame the first four albums are getting ignored but they covered those quite nicely (at least the MEGA songs from those albums) during the celebration of The Joshua Tree.
  3. Originally posted by RUMMY:All I Want Is You
    Angel of Harlem
    Desire
    I Still Haven’t Found…

I don’t think anyone - especially “casuals” - should complain too much about those ones.

A shame the first four albums are getting ignored but they covered those quite nicely (at least the MEGA songs from those albums) during the celebration of The Joshua Tree.
    Right. My point was that by doing those songs in the middle they are playing it safe for the casuals, and that's why they're unlikely to deviate too far from it.
  4. As someone who has not heard Bad & New Years Day live, would be amazing to put those in over Angel & Desire.
  5. City of Blinding Lights
  6. Pride
  7. I Still Haven't Found.....