1. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]I knew where it belonged, but I don't know WHY do you say that. Does U2 not fight against global warming etc? I think U2 fit perfectly with the propose and the ambient on Live Earth...

Surely not, with their huge tours and private planes they really contribute to the global warming process. As do all big artists, I don't get it why artists go to live earth while they use private planes to get there.

ZooTV used over 1 million watts of power, that's enough for 2000 homes. And possibly enough to raise the temperature period
  2. Originally posted by RemySurely not, with their huge tours and private planes they really contribute to the global warming process.ZooTV used over 1 million watts of power, that's enough for 2000 homes. And possibly enough to raise the temperature period
    You're absolutely right...
  3. Originally posted by Remy[..]

Surely not, with their huge tours and private planes they really contribute to the global warming process. As do all big artists, I don't get it why artists go to live earth while they use private planes to get there.

ZooTV used over 1 million watts of power, that's enough for 2000 homes. And possibly enough to raise the temperature period

Which is fair to say, more accurately we all have unfortunately contributed to this situation over time and if we, plus these more progressive artists (ie sadly not all the bill), are now realising that there must be a serious change of heart and lifestyles then so be it, that's a good thing, and bands like U2 who have not used sponsors who contribute to waste (see below) get involved, then I don't see why they could not be involved. ZOO TV was in the past, the whole "Green Era" was fledgling then, now there is more awareness... and no excuses....

Sure it does make a mockery of the idea of these various concerts when Genesis take their learjet to play Manchester that day and I hope they get called on this. Plus bands doing less tours sponsored by McDs, GM, Ford Motors etc would also be a step forward... and it may also get the monkey of the whole GWB association off Bono's back to see him actively promoting a progressive cause... and at the heart of it all? Global warming and the "Marshall Plan for Africa" are both linked.

cheers,
    ic

4. Originally posted by Remy[..]

Aw, c'mon... Zoo happened 17 years ago, when Al Gore didn't even know how to speak at the camera!

So they shouldn't get involved just because they don't fit in the hippie / vegan / PETA / save-the-world frame? If they play, at least all their fame will be useful...
  5. Originally posted by redguitaronfire[..]

Aw, c'mon... Zoo happened 17 years ago, when Al Gore didn't even know how to speak at the camera!

So they shouldn't get involved just because they don't fit in the hippie / vegan / PETA / save-the-world frame? If they play, at least all their fame will be useful...

Not only because ZooTV, the Vertigo tour was just like that. At some concerts nearly each band member had their own private plane to get to the concert. That's ridiculous.

I think U2 has to stop wasting time and get the hell in the studio, Bono seems to be celebrating Hollywood birthdays every day in the US now
  6. A million watts? Wow.
  7. Originally posted by Remy[..]

Not only because ZooTV, the Vertigo tour was just like that. At some concerts nearly each band member had their own private plane to get to the concert. That's ridiculous.

I think U2 has to stop wasting time and get the hell in the studio, Bono seems to be celebrating Hollywood birthdays every day in the US now

I know what you mean. Nevertheless I also think from Bono perspective. I mean, an U2 album implies one year in recording plus two years of touring in five continents. He´s got a little baby, Jordan is going grown-up this year, and the other two children are in between those ages; not to mention he's a millionaire, but he hasn't the time to enjoy his money because he has to go to Saitama and then to Hawaii to play the same songs he's been playing the last 200 nights. Of course he wants to waste some time, and he deserves it.
  8. Originally posted by drewhigginsA million watts? Wow.

Yeah the sound system of ZooTV was able to kill someone if turned up full.

Funny fact
  9. Originally posted by redguitaronfire[..]

I know what you mean. Nevertheless I also think from Bono perspective. I mean, an U2 album implies one year in recording plus two years of touring in five continents. He´s got a little baby, Jordan is going grown-up this year, and the other two children are in between those ages; not to mention he's a millionaire, but he hasn't the time to enjoy his money because he has to go to Saitama and then to Hawaii to play the same songs he's been playing the last 200 nights. Of course he wants to waste some time, and he deserves it.

That's completely true! But I think he's still too much time in Hollywood these days
  10. great i hope they gonna preform there!!!
  11. Originally posted by Remy[..]

That's completely true! But I think he's still too much time in Hollywood these days

I think we may be happy he doesn't use drugs/alcohol... like a lot other stars, eg Elvis, Curt Cobain, Britney Spears, Ike Turner, Robbie Williams... And we can go on like this for ages...
    So if he may certainly have his parties If you see what he already does for his fans, the music-industry, Africa, the band, the world... chapeau
  12. As I already said (don't remember in which topic) U2 represent the lower evil of the world of music. Nobody is totally coherent in his own life and behaviours, but this does not imply that everyone is bad. For me U2 are to exalt for a lot of good aspects. We have also to talk about their negative behaviuors, but I believe they will never be more than the positive ones.