1. I went to two shows and both happened to coincide with Bono feeling intense feelings about geopolitics. Of those two, I think the Peace on Earth show was the best (the other was the MLK show).
  2. Originally posted by superchuk5:I went to two shows and both happened to coincide with Bono feeling intense feelings about geopolitics. Of those two, I think the Peace on Earth show was the best (the other was the MLK show).
    Both coincidentally the only two Sundays of the residency.
  3. Originally posted by superchuk5:I went to two shows and both happened to coincide with Bono feeling intense feelings about geopolitics. Of those two, I think the Peace on Earth show was the best (the other was the MLK show).
    I seemed to hit all of the geo political shows as well.

4. Great capture!

I hate that Landlady snippet in Tryin'. Bono sounds horrible when he did that.
  5. opsopcopolis is in the club too, as evident by both of his recordings.
  6. The show I saw was being recorded (2/23). So while we got the standard setlist, they also definitely brought their A game at that show… just incredible.

I personally would’ve preferred to have been at one of the shows where they played Two Hearts and Seconds. But it’s hard for me to complain.
  7. Yep, somehow ended up at the two Sunday geopolitical shows. Of the two I think I preferred 2/18. I didn't really think the "shut up" killed vibe at all, if anything it made the transition from Peace on Earth to Acrobat and the second AB set even more powerful. Though obviously not intentional since that's just how the setlist was written from the get go, the lyrics of Acrobat pretty well fit that theme.

Can't really vote on a favorite overall show though as I don't really have time these days to listen to shows I wasn't at...
  8. I wish i'd done some of the later shows they seemed better. It was annoying how they announced the shows in batches and we booked October . At least the weather was better then .
  9. Originally posted by opsopcopolis:[..]
    Yep, somehow ended up at the two Sunday geopolitical shows. Of the two I think I preferred 2/18. I didn't really think the "shut up" killed vibe at all, if anything it made the transition from Peace on Earth to Acrobat and the second AB set even more powerful. Though obviously not intentional since that's just how the setlist was written from the get go, the lyrics of Acrobat pretty well fit that theme.

Can't really vote on a favorite overall show though as I don't really have time these days to listen to shows I wasn't at...
    Yeah, any vibe killing that would have been done by "shut up" was kind of offset by the goofy mustache moment... Also, he didn't say it when people were, for example, booing a political candidate the band likes... They were literally wooing when he mentioned child murder

Oooh, hadn't thought about the Peace on Earth>Acrobat transition before. That makes it even better!