1. Originally posted by drewhigginsHow about this one? At Slane when someone throws water on Bono, he smiles and points, saying 'All I want is f*ckin' you'. There are heaps of them, maybe the most known 'This song is not a rebel song. This song, is, Sunday Bloody Sunday'.

Oh yeah, that was such a great reaction

And when he almost falls from a stage with Vertigo and sings "You can slip, but you won't fall"
  2. Originally posted by BelgianBono And when he almost falls from a stage with Vertigo and sings "You can slip, but you won't fall"

Ahhh....yeah, I love that little improvisation.

Another great one: Los Argentinos han pasado a momentos dificiles, pero lo estan pasando. ¡Ahora, por la nueva Argentina cantamos todos!

3/2/2006 Buenos Aires
  3. "FUCK THE REVOLUTION" on Rattle and Hum stands out pretty big..

Macphisto takes the cake though...
    Singing along to telephone muzak when hes pranking an airport.
    "Dahdahdahdah!"
  4. I like during Beautiful Day, when the words are changed.

'See the Duomo right in front of you...'

'Manhattan skyline right in front of you...'

'Live from Dublin, via satellite...'

They all sound great.
  5. Originally posted by dangit823[..]

Ahhh....yeah, I love that little improvisation.

Another great one: Los Argentinos han pasado a momentos dificiles, pero lo estan pasando. ¡Ahora, por la nueva Argentina cantamos todos!

3/2/2006 Buenos Aires

Euhm yeah but what's the meaning of that ?
  6. Originally posted by drewhigginsI like during Beautiful Day, when the words are changed.

They all sound great.

Yeah great changes on that song...
    Also the version sung on live 8...
    => " See the world in green and blue,
    Hyde Park London sets down in front of you
    Berlin, Rome, Paris France,
    Philadelphia this is not romance
    Moskow, Toronto, Tokio
    Africa we're cominh home
    See the bird with a leaf in her mouth
    After the flood all the colors came out"

And then white pidgeons are released....
    Great moment, 2nd July 2006, London
  7. Originally posted by dangit823Another great one: Los Argentinos han pasado a momentos dificiles, pero lo estan pasando. ¡Ahora, por la nueva Argentina cantamos todos!

3/2/2006 Buenos Aires
    Originally posted by BelgianBonoEuhm yeah but what's the meaning of that?
    "The argentinian people has passed through many problems, but they're forgetting it. Now, for the new Argentina, we all sing!"
    It refers to the non-democratic governments of the 70s and 80s...
    Bono =
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]"The argentinian people has passed through many problems, but they're forgetting it. Now, for the new Argentina, we all sing!"
    It refers to the non-democratic governments of the 70s and 80s...
    Bono =

Ok thanks
    That's a great banter indeed
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]It happened three or four times on the Unforgettable Fire Tour, but I only remember one of them: in Phoenix, 1985-03-01, he stops the song The Unforgettable Fire and the group play Pride to pacify the crowd.

And that was the one. For anyone who wants just the fight bit, here's the link (MP4 format). Fantastic.

http://filexoom.com/files/10961/BonoStopsFight010385.mp4

Translation

Now hold it, hold it right there. Because we don't ever have trouble, at a U2 concert. And we've come a long way. Now hold it, the two of you, your friends, one walk that way, the other walk that way. You'll both meet each other at another place.

Now we expected, we expected something special tonight, we didn't expect as many people as we are very proud to be here. And we can prove, we can prove that in Phoenix, Arizona rock and roll can do, what the politicians, can't do. And we can bring people together, bring people together. That's the end of the sermon, sorry but I love being here tonight and I'm not goin' home with anybody damaged. This is a song, we only played it once but tonight we're playing twice. This is Pride In The Name of Love.

Now I want you all, if just everyone from the very back takes one yard, one yard a step back just everybody one yard starting at the back. These are good people, these people. You mightn't...
  10. More banter!

Let's play this song for the people of Sarajevo. Have our politicians learnt nothing in sixty years?
    One - Dublin ZooTV, 1993-08-28

In your neighborhood he's the person you meet when you're walkin' down the street. He's the person you meet, each day.
    City of Blinding Lights, 2004-11-22 at Brooklyn Bridge

11. Originally posted by drewhigginsI like during Beautiful Day, when the words are changed.

They all sound great.

'Hyde Park London, right in front of you..'
    You're right, these sentences sound all amzing!
  12. Especially when it's changed for reference to your town like Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney etc. That's the bits I like.