1. For example, some performances in Elevation had Van Morrison's Gloria snippet. That was great.
  2. That's true, and there are some good performances after Lovetown but a lot lack the energy that made it so great.
  3. If a performance of a song is only memorable for its snippets then meh. It rocked during Lovetown and has never rocked again.

Still a crowd pleader though.
  4. I honestly feel as though this is one of those U2 songs where they've never been able to recreate the awesomeness of the album version in a live setting. The lovetown performances come close, but nothing else really does IMO.

The same goes for Angel of Harlem actually - but the performance with The Roots on Fallon not long ago came REALLY close.
  5. 2 versions spring to mind:
    1) The Rattle and Hum version in the film, when they are rehearsing at the old Point Depot
    2) The Lovetown Sydney TV special version, with the 'so you wanna be in a rock n roll band' ending.
  6. Originally posted by paulc:2 versions spring to mind:
    1) The Rattle and Hum version in the film, when they are rehearsing at the old Point Depot
    2) The Lovetown Sydney TV special version, with the 'so you wanna be in a rock n roll band' ending.
    Yeah but I'm not sure I'd classify that first one as a "live performance" seeing as how they're playing it that way for recording purposes (it honestly sounds pretty damn close to the recording) and not for a live show.

Yeah that one isn't bad.
  7. please I couldn´t find a singular version played in Brazil (¿¿Rio du Janeiro??) featturing a "scola do samba". Some could share it? pablobaimler@gmail.com. Thanks!!!
  8. Originally posted by POLIBA:please I couldn´t find a singular version played in Brazil (¿¿Rio du Janeiro??) featturing a "scola do samba". Some could share it? pablobaimler@gmail.com. Thanks!!!
    Your're talking about this show.
  9. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Lovetown and it's not even close. Simply put: the worst version of Desire in Lovetown is better than any other performance afterwards.
    Just listen to Sydney 89/09/17 or Rotterdam 90/01/10 and tell me there's something better than that.

+1

Or just some ZOO tv versions .Anyway i remenber in Cologne 2001 a nice verion with Hakwmoon 269 snippet and during 360 with She s the one snippet in East Rutherford 23-9-09
  10. Originally posted by POLIBA:please I couldn´t find a singular version played in Brazil (¿¿Rio du Janeiro??) featturing a "scola do samba". Some could share it? pablobaimler@gmail.com. Thanks!!!
  11. Without a doubt, it's this one:

12. Tim won the internet this time.