1. Originally posted by RemyYeah those performances are so strong. And so is Wake Up Dead Man. The Slane DVD has such a strong opening, the first 5/6 songs are so good and full of energy.
    I agree!! I love the first part, specailly until Streets. There the concert is lower than te beggining.
    And Wake Up Dead Man almost makes me cry, performed 5 days after the death of Bob...
    Originally posted by RemyWOWY in Boston is awesome! The girl on stage performance is great, the camera work is magnificent, it's the second best WOWY for me, after Rattle and Hum off course. They will never top that WOWY performance.
    I think that the version in Dublin 30th is even better than Dublin 26th and Rattle And Hum...

With Or Without You + Shine Like Stars + Love Will Tear Us Apart + Crowd + Sounboard =
  2. Originally posted by Remy[..]

Yeah those performances are so strong. And so is Wake Up Dead Man. The Slane DVD has such a strong opening, the first 5/6 songs are so good and full of energy. While the second part after Streets/Pride is a little bit weak, the Boston DVD has a strong second part and a weak opening.

That's true...I like Until The End Of The World of Boston...but the best part of the show begins with Bad...and go to the final with the best performance of Walk On for me

and Out Of Control in Slane is the BEST!!!
  3. Originally posted by Remy[..]

WOWY in Boston is awesome! The girl on stage performance is great, the camera work is magnificent, it's the second best WOWY for me, after Rattle and Hum off course. They will never top that WOWY performance.

Hmm, what about Washington DC 1992-08-16???

Oustanding.
  4. Originally posted by AidanFormigoniand Out Of Control in Slane is the BEST!!!
    Have you heard another version? Many people have not, so they say "it is the best"...
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Have you heard another version? Many people have not, so they say "it is the best"...

Yes...I have almost all the shows that I dowloaded....I like the Red Rocks version and the 1987-12-19 Tempe...but the slane version is my favorite not only because the song,but because of Bono words in the midle of the song

see you
  6. 'And by now, you've probably all given us about 500 pounds each too so thank you..' Sure I did..
  7. It's not Bono's best. In my opinion Bono's best performance from a DVD is the ZooTV one. But Slane Castle is their best DVD, because of the emotion, the crowd, the setlist , the place, etc.
    Almsot every song on this DVD has a great performance.
  8. Originally posted by AidanFormigoniYes...I have almost all the shows that I dowloaded....I like the Red Rocks version and the 1987-12-19 Tempe...but the slane version is my favorite not only because the song,but because of Bono words in the midle of the song
    Alright! I've you've got more OOC, then I'l shut up my mouth, that's a problem of taste...But I also do love the middle part!!
    Originally posted by MirrorballboyIt's not Bono's best. In my opinion Bono's best performance from a DVD is the ZooTV one. But Slane Castle is their best DVD, because of the emotion, the crowd, the setlist , the place, etc.
    Almsot every song on this DVD has a great performance.
    Agree from the first to the last word.
  9. Well along with the ZooTv era,I would say it is Bono's best.I can't think of any better show,it's the best live recording from any band for me.I know his vocal could have been better but his emotional way of singing the songs were excellent,and Beautiful Day was just dream-like,I love the version and the crowd goes crazy when Streets come in,that's too an outstanding performance .

So many things made that show a special night.Ireland's win,the fact that it was a sort of homecoming...

Probably all this has already been spoken here,but I just watched a few songs and I wanted to express its beauty once again
  10. Hahaha, yes, we've discussed Slane's greatness a million times, but it's never enough due to the awesomeness of this DVD.
  11. It's definitely my favourite post-ZooTV performance.

The Elevation Tour still ranks #2 for me.
  12. I actually watched Slane very recently, so I'm going to sit on the other side of the fence here for argument's sake

Slane is dece, as many have said it's emotional, the songs are solid, and the setlist is solid. However, I wouldn't say it's Bono's best. There are times when his voice falls short, and am I the only one who has noticed Bono pronounced his words a bit differently on the elevation tour? It's always bothered me, I can't describe it or give an example but when he sings some of the words he says them differently, and he mumbles way too damn much in between songs or lyrics. I still think Sunday Bloody Sunday here is freakin' phenomenal, up there with red rocks. If you take away the "show" itself, it's a decent performance, not one of Bono's best IMO.