1. Originally posted by BelgianBono[..]

And just a question : does "Mercy" appears in the song...?

No

see you friend!
  2. Originally posted by AidanFormigoni[..]

No

see you friend!

Ok thanks, i wasn't sure about that
    See ya mate !

PS, u2met86, you said on POP there wasn't a song without the title in it, but what about Mofo ?
  3. You're right, they never do say Mofo.

But, they pertain to it. Mofo stands for Motherf**ker; obviously a word too rude for U2 to use in any context. And in the song Bono sings "Mother.. sucking rock 'n' roll" - as close as they dare get I guess (and quite right too, no need for unneccesary swearing).

It was even too close for radio / MTV etc over here in the UK - when Mofo is played, they 'beep' out 'sucking'.

So I guess it's a nearly, like some of the other titles.

4. Originally posted by djrlewisYou're right, they never do say Mofo.

But, they pertain to it. Mofo stands for Motherf**ker; obviously a word too rude for U2 to use in any context. And in the song Bono sings "Mother.. sucking rock 'n' roll" - as close as they dare get I guess (and quite right too, no need for unneccesary swearing).

It was even too close for radio / MTV etc over here in the UK - when Mofo is played, they 'beep' out 'sucking'.

So I guess it's a nearly, like some of the other titles.

You're totally right about that ! And that prooves again the diversity of U2
  5. Originally posted by BelgianBono[..]
    PS, u2met86, you said on POP there wasn't a song without the title in it, but what about Mofo ?

true. i had in mind the live version, where he transitions after Pop Muzik by saying, "mooooooooofooooooooooooo! mooooooooofoooooooooo!" at least in mexico city, a few other shows he did that.
  6. Originally posted by djrlewis

You get Mofo on the radio??? I WISH we would get Mofo on the radio in the States!!! It's my favorite techno-ish song ever. It would work on any station -- rock, pop, dance, you name it.
  7. Originally posted by u2met86[..]

You get Mofo on the radio??? I WISH we would get Mofo on the radio in the States!!! It's my favorite techno-ish song ever. It would work on any station -- rock, pop, dance, you name it.

Yeh, not so much now but in 1998 in the UK it sort of had a joint release (mainly as remixes) with If God Will Send..

The 'rockier' stations such as Radio 1 played it a few times. It's mainly been video shows (such as MTV, Q etc) where I've seen it.