1. U2 are in Africa, writing songs with Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno.

The band have set up a studio in Morocco’s medieval city of Fez where they have been writing and recording from morning till night for the past couple of weeks.
    ‘There’s no word on what the new material is for, ‘according to one of the team in Fez. ‘But they’re on a roll and the ideas are coming think and fast.’

The band met up with Eno and Lanois after flying down to North Africa from Cannes where 'U2 3D' was previewed earlier this month. It’s not the first time they have been in this ancient city. They visited in 1991 with director Stephane Sedanoui to shoot the video for Mysterious Ways.

More news from Morocco on the way.

========================================

Now that's great, some new location, fresh approaches. Rubin is gone, Lanois and Eno back in the game. Glad they're back to recording.

What do you guys think of this news?
  2. I'm excited at the idea that, while we are writing here about them, they are playing their newest ideas!
    And also the place in which they are to record makes me smile, 'cause it makes me associate this new recording with the power of Achting Baby!
    CAN'T WAIT FOR IT!!!

3. There they can at least work in silence
    The mysteriosity of the new kind of songs makes me curious but the fact they're in Morocco (like with Mysterious Ways) is a good sign, i think...
  4. It's good to hear news like this. I know you shouldn't trust wikipedia but edge said that they are writing their next album, but it didnt give much more away.

Going by your news it sounds like they have some inspiration surrounding them, which is promising. Does anyone know the location where they wrote the Joshua tree album, cos it sounds really good and desert-like?
  5. I thought they were working with Rubin..
  6. Thanks for the news! It really surprised me! Thought they were recording at the Abbey Road studios!
  7. Originally posted by MWSAHI thought they were working with Rubin..

They were, apparently that didn't work out well or Rubin had no time anymore (he's a busy man working for a lot of artists). And as with every record production, there's always a point that Lanois or Eno turn up
  8. Originally posted by MirrorballBoyThanks for the news! It really surprised me! Thought they were recording at the Abbey Road studios!

They only worked there on the Saints single and on a part of the WITS single.
  9. I'm so f*ckin happy and excited about these news! Just can't wait for new album.
  10. excellent can't be happier now there back in the game seriously recording with Lanios and Eno great news I think the album may get a new feel i think Achtung Baby I dont know why when they moved to Berlin and they got a whole new sound good
  11. this ones gonna be huge!!! i can feel it...
  12. Hi Remy...how are you my friend?

well...I'd like to thank you for the news again...You're doing an excelent work here Remy and I have the feelings that the next album will be amazing,like AB and JT...I can't wait for the release and keep sending more news for us...You're THE MAN Remy!!

See you friend!!