1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Drums can't get any more pre-recorded And well, Bono's "modern voice" doesn't fit this song. Also Adam went jazzy (aka wrong) at 3:20 lol

Maybe it's just me but this song is 100% ZooTV-ish and it should just stay there forever. Maybe because it's the weakest song on AB (if such a thing exists!) but I would rather hear 90 or 100 songs more than this

that was the trick I think, using recorded parts from fans.. so that might be why the drums sound pre-recorded. And that's why Bono was worrying about the spontanity of it all..
    I agree with you on it being a typical Zoo TV song and that it should stay there.. same for Love Is Blindness although for different reasons.
  2. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]

that was the trick I think, using recorded parts from fans.. so that might be why the drums sound pre-recorded. And that's why Bono was worrying about the spontanity of it all..
    I agree with you on it being a typical Zoo TV song and that it should stay there.. same for Love Is Blindness although for different reasons.
    Just listening actually to that rehearsal and agree it wouldn't have really worked on 360 but it's actually a fun idea
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Drums can't get any more pre-recorded And well, Bono's "modern voice" doesn't fit this song. Also Adam went jazzy (aka wrong) at 3:20 lol

Maybe it's just me but this song is 100% ZooTV-ish and it should just stay there forever. Maybe because it's the weakest song on AB (if such a thing exists!) but I would rather hear 90 or 100 songs more than this
    I actually thought for a bit it was his album vocals sampled. Think he sounds excellent tbh, haha
  4. He sounds good, yeah, but he sounded good almost everytime in 2010-2011 so that doesn't say much

He sounds good but his 2010 voice doesn't fit the song for me (today it would be even worse obviously).
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    He sounds good, yeah, but he sounded good almost everytime in 2010-2011 so that doesn't say much

He sounds good but his 2010 voice doesn't fit the song for me (today it would be even worse obviously).
    Well, a little effect can go a long way
  6. These fan-recorded things for songs are never a good idea. Remember that Ordinary Love choir thing they requested? Thank god that never happened either.
  7. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:These fan-recorded things for songs are never a good idea. Remember that Ordinary Love choir thing they requested? Thank god that never happened either.
    I was thinking of that the other day... We never got any news about it, which I think was the best that could happen
  8. They never even rehearsed the ordinary love gimmick in Vancouver 2015. At least they abandoned that idea early.
  9. Its actually in my top 3 all time U2 songs, I love the song so much and don't think it ever got its due
  10. Before the Zoo TV tour, the band toyed with the idea of broadcasting a show from the Trabant factory if (believe it or not) the tour was a flop! This was documented in the Bill Flanagan book.

Maybe the band, especially during this pandemic could broadcast an Achtung Baby special, a one off performance of the entire album? Because I still don't think a full anniversary tour would go ahead.
  11. The Kindergarten Achtung Baby version seems to have a modern Bono vocal take in it. Maybe those are circa 2010 or 2011 vocals? It surely doesn't sound like 90's to me, but that could just be me.

Cheers,

J
  12. Originally posted by jick:The Kindergarten Achtung Baby version seems to have a modern Bono vocal take in it. Maybe those are circa 2010 or 2011 vocals? It surely doesn't sound like 90's to me, but that could just be me.

Cheers,

J
    That was a vocal take in 2011