1. Originally posted by MattG:Having listened to a hefty amount of Elevation Tour bootlegs, I don't think Slane is a good representation of the tour at all. I think it's far and away their best-recorded show/performance, but it in no way demonstrates what was really happening night to night on the Elevation Tour.

Boston is imperfect and so was the tour. There were plenty of fuckups and fan drama, both of which are evident on the Boston DVD. Slane is way more of a flawless party; Boston is the better tour document.
    Oh yeah, absolutely. I already acknowledged that in my self-shaming post Rose Bowl '09 is the better tour document but give me Zurich 2 or Anaheim 2 anytime, you know?
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    EXACTLY. I watch Gone, WOWY and The Fly from Boston every now and then but that's about it. Glad to see I'm not alone, thanks Justin

On one of my mp3 players is Slane..also in that folder is Gone, the Fly and IALW from Boston.. perfect Elevation show LOL. Also have a few other Elevation shows, a favorite right now is an ALD from Chicago. I used to play guitar and bass to that recording all the time. Great memories
  3. 2001-05-16 Chicago is probably my all time favorite U2 boot
  4. The best shows on that tour were the post 9/11 US dates. In 22 U2 shows, the two I saw that fall were BY FAR the most impassioned performances by the band I'd ever seen. Too bad there was no official recording.

But to set the record straight, Boston is/was amazing. I was there. Most of the footage is from the second of two nights of filming (the first night being a trial run and to have footage/audio to plug in where needed). And it's true that representatives were handpicking younger, good looking people to go into the heart first. As someone who was NOT picked (neither young or good looking enough, I guess), that was a bummer, though I still got a pretty good spot mid-heart.
  5. Originally posted by dstankie:The best shows on that tour were the post 9/11 US dates. In 22 U2 shows, the two I saw that fall were BY FAR the most impassioned performances by the band I'd ever seen. Too bad there was no official recording.

But to set the record straight, Boston is/was amazing. I was there. Most of the footage is from the second of two nights of filming (the first night being a trial run and to have footage/audio to plug in where needed). And it's true that representatives were handpicking younger, good looking people to go into the heart first. As someone who was NOT picked (neither young or good looking enough, I guess), that was a bummer, though I still got a pretty good spot mid-heart.
    Only saw leg 3 on video bootlegs but can see what you're talking about,that leg was incredible.