1. Everyone take time to pray for Dan Wheldon. He was in a horrific 15 car accident today at Las Vegas in the finale of the Indy Car Championship.

He's been airlifted to hospital.
  2. RIP Dan Wheldon. A tragic loss to motorsport.
  3. Those races with so many cars and that speeds are just sick. I never got the point in them. I also find quite amusing that there are not many pilots dead...

Is Dan the guy who's shown being rescued from the car at 1:20 and on? If that was him, he looked fine, got off the car walking and all. Anyway, may he rest in peace.
  4. No. Dan Wheldon is the guy who they were onboard with, then the crash happened, and it shows a car catapult into the air about 200 yards into the wall, then the car bursts into flames.
  5. Hate it when racers die. All too often in the bikes.
  6. Such a tragic loss...Dan Wheldon was a great guy, from all accounts (and obviously a great racer, having won the Indy 500 twice). Really sad to see/hear this. RIP.

7. I can't face drivers passing away all due to racing. When I found out that he was seriously injured, I almost started crying, and I never actually followed Dan Wheldon massively, but he was certainly one of my favourite IndyCar drivers ever. Even when I was watching the 5 lap tribute, bagpipes started playing while all the mechanics and team staff looked on start/finish line and all the cars past slowly; I almost wept at that. Safety needs to improve in America, it's just not safe at all.

Rest in Peace Dan - we've lost a magnificent talent.
  8. A sad day indeed. I actually had the honor of meeting Dan at an Indy practice session back in '09. A class act to say the least. He was a hell of a driver, as well.

Rest in Peace, Dan.
  9. only saw the videos of Indy Car right now. awful, awful crash. rest in peace, Dan
  10. Marco Simoncelli was killed in today's Sepang MotoGP. What the fuck
  11. WHAT THE FUCK. I was just watching the news and was horrified by the accident. He's just reported officially dead.
  12. just saw it. horrible, just horrible.