1. You definitely have to put either the Bad/40/Streets section from Boston or the All I Want Is You/Streets section from Slane 2 in this comp. Those can lift anyone up. Amazing performances. Amazing feelings.
  2. This might sound dumb but to start it off, you should have the Everyone bit at the beginning from the early Vertigo shows.
  3. Originally posted by drewhigginsThis might sound dumb but to start it off, you should have the Everyone bit at the beginning from the early Vertigo shows.

not a bad idea at all.

ive been racking my brain with ideas on how to start it out. i was thinkng if i could find something like a short history mix, streets from boston, zoo station from the "widows in the sky", cd single.
  4. I have that Zoo Station for you aswell. I'll get them all for you 2nite. Find out his favourite tour and use the opening song from that tour to open the album, ZooTV - Zoo Station, Popmart - Mofo etc
  5. 40 is another song you should put on the CD.
  6. 40 will be used as the last song on the 4th cd. i think its a great endcap.
  7. Originally posted by RickJKDMAN[..]

which version of the fly should i put on? zoo tv, elevation, or vertigo. i love all 3 i could , since its a 4 disc put two on.

I'd put on ZooTV and if you can put two on, Elevation.
  8. Originally posted by RickJKDMANi was wondering if i could get everyones help.
    i want to make a 4 disc best of u2 live compilation for a couple individuals who are going through a really hard time. one being cancer, the other is going through depression.

they both are big u2 fans and i want to lmake this as professional as possible.

ideas on setlists, eras, cover art, etc.. would be amazing.
    Hi, Rick! Welcome to the Forum!

Such a sad, sad, sad request to be your first...

Anyway we're here to carry each other, help among us. Let's see what we can do.

For the one goin thru depression, I'd recommend you some happy and optimistic songs.
    That could be like Beautiful Day, Elevation, Where The Streets Have No Name, Angel Of Harlem, Desire, All Because Of You.

For the guy goin thru cancer... It's too much for me. I don't know which kind of songs would I choose... Sad? Optimistic?

Anyway, here is my Best Of [CD 1]... Could be helpful (I hope)!!!
    01 - Elevation / Creep (snippet)
    02 - Until The End Of The World
    03 - Beautiful Day
    04 - Vertigo
    05 - Two Hearts Beat As One / Let's Twist Again (snippet)
    06 - Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
    07 - An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart
    08 - Please
    09 - Where The Streets Have No Name
    10 - I Threw A Brick Through A Window
    11 - A Day Without Me / Dear Prudence (snippet)
    12 - Zoo Station
    13 - Lemon
    14 - With Or Without You
    15 - Can't Help Falling In Love With You

I've just edited (removing audience parts, put fades, etc) and I'm currently uploading of the best versions I know from this songs...

If they're really hard and old fans, they will love I Threw A Brick and A Day Without Me, also Two Hearts Beat As One is a great inclussion (at least for me!).

They're all soundboard versions, so your uncle can hear them without problem.

The 15 tracks fit perfectly on a 74 minutes CD, so you haven't to worry bout that!

I'll post the link in about an hour and a half, that's the waiting time that I've been told by RapidShare (eMule + uTorrent + Internet + MSN = slow uploading speed!)...

I'm really sorry for your darlings passing through bad times... Bye!!!
  9. thanx a lot. that is awesome.

what did you use to edit out the audience gaps? someone suggested itunes. if so, how do you do it on itunes.

also, as far as a starter, i was thinking either city of blinding lights, or even zoo station (the one from the windows in the sky single), to me, that versions guitar cuts like a razor.
  10. Originally posted by RickJKDMANthanx a lot. that is awesome.

what did you use to edit out the audience gaps? someone suggested itunes. if so, how do you do it on itunes.

also, as far as a starter, i was thinking either city of blinding lights, or even zoo station (the one from the windows in the sky single), to me, that versions guitar cuts like a razor.

Zoo Station and Kite from Sydney you wanted. Anything else from DVD''s or anything you wants. I can upload them now if you can give me a list
  11. germcevoy you are awesome

bad (rattle and hum)
    sunday bloody sunday (rattle and hum)
    thats all i can think of at the moment.

thank you thank you thank you
  12. you'l have to leave your e-mail address here because all of this is official material