1. Watching Live Aid and the performace of Bad which was absolutley awesome, listened to the audio for weeks/ months afterwards.. Only trouble was having to wait eighteen months for The Joshua Tree, but it gave me a chance to get the back catalogue
  2. The release of All That You Cant Leave Behind was the moment for me. That led me to The Joshua Tree and Rattle and Hum. I Haven't looked back
  3. What album and song got me hooked up? I became a fan last February on the 3rd and the reason why i became a fan because Beautiful Day got me hooked up to U2. Then, i started to listening to the album, ATYCLB really really got me hooked up and tie me down to U2. So i give all the credit to U2 and their album, ATYCLB.
  4. Originally posted by moni_bonozgirlWhat album and song got me hooked up? I became a fan last February on the 3rd and the reason why i became a fan because Beautiful Day got me hooked up to U2. Then, i started to listening to the album, ATYCLB really really got me hooked up and tie me down to U2. So i give all the credit to U2 and their album, ATYCLB.

Great! I agree with you: ATYCLB is awesome and Beautiful Day the best song in the history of Music!!!!
  5. I got into U2 as a fifteen year old with "Pride" and the "Unforgettable Fire" album. A few friends that I had back then were really big fans. I couldn't get into their earlier stuff... but was completely blown away by "Joshua Tree". When "Achtung Baby" came out my friends were disappointed by the musical changes and dropped off, but I went to see them live in my town - Zoo TV has to be counted as one of the best concert experiences in my life. It was hard for me to like "Zooropa" and "Pop" soundwise, but I really loved the concept behind the music on those albums. ATYCLB was a good step for me, and HTDAAB was even better. The choice of "The Saints" as a cover version was bold but great.

I've always loved the way Bono expressed his faith, his doubts, his challenges and his will to change things through his lyrics and charity work. The main attraction to U2 is my faith.

I totally love U2's songwriting, Bono's voice, Edge's guitar playing and Larrys drumming. I absolutely admire the unique way how Edge innovated electric guitar playing - from the beginning until "Pop". It always kept U2 an experimental perspective - we'll see what happens in the future. And boy, they can write a song. The music is the second attraction to me, almost as strong as the first.

U2 do what they want to.. what they feel to be right. They are still a band in progress, not like the Rolling Stones who just keep repeating themselves. They don't sell out. Their musical incorruptibility and loyalty to their progressing band concept is attraction number three.

Alex