2. The next thrilling installment, tapers notes:

The Police
    The Coliseum,
    New Haven, CT
    01/23/82

Length: 92 Min
    Source: Audience (Master)
    Quality: 10

Notes: I transferred this show from the master tape which I borrowed. In my opinion it is one of the best sounding (Audience) Police concerts from 1982. Play this one loud and you will swear you are AT THE CONCERT. This is why it pays to be in the "hot spot" for taping. I hope all you tapers out there are gearing up for the upcoming tour and I hope you are all generous enough to share your recordings here. Get psyched!!!!!!

Lineage: Aud>Cassette(Master)
    Conversion: Cass(M) > Sony TC-WE825S > Sony PCM-R300 (Super Bit Mapper) > Optical Cable (Tosslink) > M-AudioDelta DiO 24/96 > coolpro > cdwav > FLAC(level 8)
    Size:
    Compressed: 627 MB

1. Voices inside my head
    2. Message In A Bottle
    3. Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
    4. Spirits In The Material World
    5. Hungry For You
    6. When The World is Running Down
    7. Bed's Too Big Without You
    8. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da
    9. Demolition Man
    10. Shadows In The Rain
    11. Walking On The Moon
    12. Bring On The Night
    13. One World
    14. Invisible Sun
    15. Roxanne
    16. Don't Stand So Close To Me
    17. Can't Stand Losing You
    18. So Lonely

No eq, no noise reduction, no speed adjustment.

https://we.tl/t-FksqOo3DZV
  3. Round three,

The Police
    Seattle Coliseum
    Seattle, WA
    September 1st, 1982
    D & D Archives Master Series via JEMS

16/44.1 version

Recording Gear: unknown mics > unconfirmed recorder but likely Sony D5

Lineage: master or first-generation cassettes > Nakamichi 670 azimuth-adjusted playback >Wavelab 5.0 24/96 .wav capture > Audacity > TLH > FLAC

01 //Voices Inside My Head
    02 Message In a Bottle
    03 Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
    04 Walking on the Moon
    05 Spirits In The Material World
    06 Hungry For You (J'Aurais Toujours Faim De Toi)
    07 When the World Is Running Down, You Make the Best of What's Still Around
    08 The Bed's Too Big Without You
    09 De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da
    10 Demolition Man//
    11 //Shadows In The Rain
    12 Bring On The Night
    13 Driven To Tears
    14 One Word (Not Three)
    15 Invisible Sun
    16 Roxanne

Encores:

17 Don't Stand So Close To Me >
    18 Can't Stand Losing You > Reggatta De Blanc > Be My Girl > Can't Stand Losing You

Sting - Vocals, Keyboards
    Andy Summers - Guitar
    Stewart Copeland - Drums
    Darryl Dixon - Saxophone
    David Watson - Saxophone
    Marvin Daniels - Trumpet

JEMS is proud to be able to partner with and present some of the choice tapes in the D & D archives. Some of these recordings have been around for years but none of the master tapes or safety copies in some cases have ever been digitized until now. Dave and Donn taped many shows in and around the Seattle area in the 70's and also were contemporaries of some of the JEMS members.

The D & D series was a collaboration between our late parter Jared Houser, who did the transfers, and weedwacker67, who facilitated access to D & D’s tapes and did the posting. The series wound down, for reasons that aren’t important now, Jared returned the tapes he had, and the D & D Series went dormant. In fact, it has been six years since the last volume appeared. I believe it was Vol. 31, making this Vol. 33, but I can’t be completely sure so I have left the volume number off.

As I have noted before, with Jared’s passing not only did his tape library get transported to JEMS South, but also several hard drives full of transfers. On one of them I found a file containing all the original D & D Archive transfers, along with a sub folder marked “Still To Go To Weedwacker.” The folder contained several shows were never torrented.

This Police show was one of those tapes that was transferred and prepped but never presented in the series. Because Jared has gone to the great tapers section in the sky, I can’t confirm if he was working from the master tapes (which I suspect in this case) or D & D’s first-gen safety copy, but either way, this is the lowest generation of this recording to ever circulate in a direct digital transfer. We believe it to be uncirculated, and like all D & D recordings, it is very very good.

One personal side note: On the night of this Police show, I was sleeping/waiting on line at the Tacoma Mall, because we had a tip that tickets to The Who’s 1982 Farewell Tour were going on sale the next morning. Apparently at some point before or after the Police played in Seattle, someone from a local radio station told the audience the news about Who tickets, though it would not be widely announced until the next morning. Around midnight, a few people joined the line who had been at the Police show. They rolled right from seeing a concert to waiting in line overnight for another one. That’s hardcore.

BK for JEMS

Christmas is getting closer every day, and while we'd love to wait until that day to share some goodies with most of you, we are already well into the holiday season, so why not?

With this recording we're expecting to step on higher ground, so, like JEMS loves to, we're going to give you an upgrade to this beautiful concert.

The last sight of this show on DIME was in the late 2006 sourced from an unknown generation tape and while we can't say we're glad that that version has not circulated further, we can also say we're glad that that version has not appeared since, so we can clean the trading pool once again with a recording from known lineage.

It's worth mention that the previous version (and probably, the only version circulating at the moment of this writing) was missing "Walking on the Moon", or perhaps it wasn't mentioned on the setlist, but we doubt that's the case, so, for that, this has 'that' extra value.

Also, the quality of this recording is surprisingly good for the era. Samples provided.

Sting's voice is in top form and that's shown with the fact that there were almost no pauses between songs (most of the times, a song ended and Stewart was already hitting the drums for the next song).

The only downfalls are obviously noted in the setlist, with "Voices Inside My Head" and "Shadows In The Rain" being faded in and "Demolition Man" being faded out. Other than that, it's a beautiful concert, incredibly well recorded by the legendary D & D team and an special gift from the JEMS team to all of you.

This is a 16 bit/ 44.1 khz version suitable for CD-Burning. A 24 bit/96 khz is also posted for those who love high-resolution recordings.

The JEMS Archives are vast and we're just scratching the surface. There a lot of other recordings waiting for proper transfer/upload and we'll always work for liberate them for your enjoyment.

Please do not hesitate any time to contact the JEMS team if you have any old tapes that you recorded or collected and you're waiting for them to be transferred. REMEMBER: What you may consider to be a "B show", could be the holy grail of another person!

Last but not least, we, all the people that comprise the extended JEMS family, want to wish happy Holidays to all of you.

frogster

https://we.tl/t-9g2pziFtd9
  4. They are almost identical sound but maybe the first is a bit "fuller". I did them for the bloke who taped 1984 because he can't find his cassette but he's not sure that one is his recording as he says this one is better. But i've had the same experience with a 1983 one where someone has clearly done some amazing work on one of mine.
  5. Ok, Apr 22 it is then. Thanks again sir

1.6 GB, that is one big ass recording!