1. I dont know if this has been discussed before or not....
    I was wondering....
    how many silver CD bootlegs does everybody have and how did you get started collecting boots?

I only have 2 - the 1990-1-10 show in Rotterdam and a CD called "Covering'em" - a bunch of cover songs from '86 to '93

I started accidentally. I found the Rotterdam show in a used CD shop for $11 US. I thought it was a live import or something - I had no idea it was a bootleg.

What about you guys
  2. I have about 25-30- bought at different obscure places for way too much money.
    Most are from Zoo era but the first one I got was called "Live USA" (Imtrat) and is a recording from San Francisco, June 4 1986.
    Last silver I ever bought was "Stuck in Paris: The second night", 2nd Paris Elevation show.
  3. Here in Spain there aren't Silver Discs available. I never saw a released bootleg here.
    This country sucks.
  4. i've never understood these. Ebay is flooded at the moment with well packaged audio bootlegs selling at 20-30 pounds. They are said to be official Japanese releases. What are they?
  5. I've got de ZooTV CD from Dublin, CD, singular, just disc 1, disc 2 must still be out there in someone elses CDplayer.
    I've got a question about those broadcasted bootlegs, how exactly does that work? I mean, you can't just buy them like other CD's. Are they official, where do you get them and how many of those are there out there? (i got mine from someone who got it from a friends friend, you know...)
  6. They would have to be either bootlegs that a small company managed to get pressed on professional CD's or possibly promo material released to radio stations. If it is pressed by any other company than Island/Universal/Interscope than it is a bootleg.

I just looked at an ebay auction for a bunch of live material that looked like a radio promo, but I noticed that it had flower child, mercy and a few others that are not released or only released through Itunes.
  7. Is it legal to SELL bootlegs? I think the boot-pressing companies could be imprisioned. At last, bootlegs are just illegal recordings.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASongIs it legal to SELL bootlegs? I think the boot-pressing companies could be imprisioned. At last, bootlegs are just illegal recordings.

it's definatley WRONG to sell them (especially if you did not make the recording yourself). There will always be knobs out there though
  9. The one I have says: DDD GEMA copyright 1993 R.D.S. Music RDSM 001/002. It looks like a professional CD...
  10. Originally posted by an07The one I have says: DDD GEMA copyright 1993 R.D.S. Music RDSM 001/002. It looks like a professional CD...

thats the way some of the ones on ebay are. Packaged like an official released but its a bootleg. They have always confused me
  11. What you have to remember is prior to the internet and CDR's the only way to get CD quality was illigally pressed bootlegs. They were actually somewhat legal to make in Italy for awhile based on the laws at the time and alot of them came from there. You would find them at an import record store or from a dealer at a record show/fair and yes it was illegal for those dealers/shops to sell them. They were ridiculously expensive but hard to pass up when you saw them. I started collecting on vinyl actually and moved to CD then with CDR and the internet it wasnt necessary to purchase bootlegs any longer. A single CD boot was typically $25 American dollars and a double CD set was typically $50.

Personally I have about 60 vinyl pressed bootlegs and around 70 or 80 silver CD pressed bootlegs. I see no reason to purchase bootlegs any longer with the options available now and the quality of those options though. But back in the day it was a necessary evil.
  12. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

thats the way some of the ones on ebay are. Packaged like an official released but its a bootleg. They have always confused me

Me too! I don't really get it, where the hell do thay come from????