1. Yep...I bought the slane dvd a year ago I think, I was in London, I just ran and put it in my dad's laptop. I wanted to impress my sister and cousin (who aren't fans), so I thought, let's go straight to streets, it's a great song...and there came this amazing scene, the fully emotional scene, I was like oh my God look at that!! I probably impressed myself more than the others
    I'm just glad they could catch it on the DVD
  2. 1. I agree with you guys, Streets form slane castle is sublime, wonderful, epic!!!

2. Streets from the superbowl in 2002, very emotional...

3. New year`s day in mexico "Popmar tour" with all the lights following the drums rythm..

4. When bono take the ireland flag in slane castle.."maybe just once?!"
  3. Gotta agree with you anuare.
    BTW, in the beginning of streets in slane, the opera part we're actually discussing...Right before adam's bass starts, is Bono saying anything or is it just meaning less stuff?
  4. Originally posted by Ali709Gotta agree with you anuare.
    BTW, in the beginning of streets in slane, the opera part we're actually discussing...Right before adam's bass starts, is Bono saying anything or is it just meaning less stuff?

most of it is just big notes but listen carefully just after his last opera note and you'l hear :

''sing for paul. . . .sing for Bono'' then some jibberish

you'd never notice it but listen to it again and you'l hear
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

most of it is just big notes but listen carefully and you'l hear :

''sing for paul. . . .sing for Bono'' then some jibberish

you'd never notice it but listen to it again and you'l hear

Actually that's the part I was asking about! And oh yea now I hear it!
  6. Originally posted by Ali709[..]

Actually that's the part I was asking about! And oh yea now I hear it!

good stuff. My ears can't make out what he says justbefore the bass. Sounds like 'see you on channel 4' which he obviously does not say. Hopefully someone else will know
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

good stuff. My ears can't make out what he says justbefore the bass. Sounds like 'see you on channel 4' which he obviously does not say. Hopefully someone else will know

It sounds to me like: 'See you straight for me, see you straight for me'. He looks towards heaven than, as if he sees his father...
  8. i really like sunday SBS from slane castle when bono say the names of the victims at the end of the song, i see it as one of the best moments.
  9. Originally posted by walkoni really like sunday SBS from slane castle when bono say the names of the victims at the end of the song, i see it as one of the best moments.

Many think these are the victims of SBS itself, but they are the victims of Omagh, some years before Slane.
  10. Originally posted by MWSAH[..]

Many think these are the victims of SBS itself, but they are the victims of Omagh, some years before Slane.

Yep, some of them are mentioned on Peace On Earth, right? "Sean and Julia ... Gareth Ann and Breda"
  11. hey guys i think we forgot to talk about the half time show in the superball, when the band did where the strret have no name with the anmes of the 9/11 behinf them, thats a truley magical moment!!
  12. Originally posted by walkonhey guys i think we forgot to talk about the half time show in the superball, when the band did where the strret have no name with the anmes of the 9/11 behinf them, thats a truley magical moment!!

you only see truly awesome U2 performances when theres emotion there. Denver 87. Slane DVD. Walk On tribute to 9/11. Superbowl . . .