1. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Absolutely. "U2" without The Edge is just "U".

2. Originally posted by djrlewis
    But the fact is that, for me (and I know lots of people disagree), "U2" without The Audience is also just "U".
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]But the fact is that, for me (and I know lots of people disagree), "U2" without The Audience is also just "U".

LOL, I guess all those studio albums they record are not U2 as there is no audience screaming BONO I LOVE YOU on any of them.

4. Originally posted by Blue_RoomLOL, I guess all those studio albums they record are not U2 as there is no audience screaming BONO I LOVE YOU on any of them.
    Evidently I referred to U2 OUT of the studio.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong[..] Evidently I referred to U2 OUT of the studio.

Obviously I was half joking. I guess my point on this is no one would want audience noise on a studio album. Why is that? I would say because you want to hear every note, chord, etc. that is being played in all its glory. I see a concert the same way. I want to be able to hear everything they are playing/singing.

I'm not going to get into the soundboard/audience recording debate again. But quite honestly I think most (not all) people prefer a good soundboard recording over most audience stuff even if they dont want to admit it. I think diehards and traders say they prefer audience stuff because thats what is readily available and for the most part there are not that many soundboards out there. Its more of I like what I can have the most of type of deal. Imagine if U2 went official soundboard recordings like Pearl Jam has done. Most people wouldnt even care about the audience stuff any longer, just like most dont with Pearl Jam now. I have also seen my theory in action though on Dime. A soundboard of an artist went up the same time a great audience recording went up. Guess which was downloaded twice as much.

Audience recordings have their place, but a good clear soundboard is better. If most people thought audience recordings were better they would send some guy out into the audience with a DAT and a microphone and use that audio for the official DVD over the board mix.

Just my 2 cents.
  6. Originally posted by Blue_RoomObviously I was half joking. I guess my point on this is no one would want audience noise on a studio album. Why is that? I would say because you want to hear every note, chord, etc. that is being played in all its glory. I see a concert the same way. I want to be able to hear everything they are playing/singing.

I'm not going to get into the soundboard/audience recording debate again. But quite honestly I think most (not all) people prefer a good soundboard recording over most audience stuff even if they dont want to admit it. I think diehards and traders say they prefer audience stuff because thats what is readily available and for the most part there are not that many soundboards out there. Its more of I like what I can have the most of type of deal. Imagine if U2 went official soundboard recordings like Pearl Jam has done. Most people wouldnt even care about the audience stuff any longer, just like most dont with Pearl Jam now. I have also seen my theory in action though on Dime. A soundboard of an artist went up the same time a great audience recording went up. Guess which was downloaded twice as much.
    Of course. I think you all misunderstand me. I do NOT like a Fair Audience, where the band is dropped out by the audience and even Bono is barely heard. NO. I say that Excellent Audiences (1987-04-29, 1990-01-10, 1992-05-22, and so on...) are better for me than any audience-less recording (IEM, cold sounboards like 1992-08-12&13&16, etc etc). Anything else to say.

Originally posted by Blue_RoomAudience recordings have their place, but a good clear soundboard is better. If most people thought audience recordings were better they would send some guy out into the audience with a DAT and a microphone and use that audio for the official DVD over the board mix.
    That is (half joking, don't take that as an insult) bullshit. Official recordings have best sound ever. Like broadcasts. Best sound EVER (mainly becuase they contain much more audience sound than any other professional recording).
  7. Gee thanks, I'm glad you think my opinion is bullshit. Nice.

I wasnt trying to be nasty here, not sure why you got nasty. I noticed you glazed right over my other points though about what happend on Dime and with the Pearl Jam stuff. Pearl Jam releases raw soundboards for the most part and interest in audience recordings with those fans is very low now. Thats all I'm saying.

Anyway, enjoy your day and your audience stuff.
  8. Originally posted by Blue_RoomGee thanks, I'm glad you think my opinion is bullshit. Nice.
    This part of your opinion. You can also think part (or whole) of mines are also bullshit, as far as I know we aren't obliged to agree with each others. And I remarked "don't take this as an insult". I don't know the exact word in english, so I choosen "bullshit". Maybe "lie" or whatever you want should fit better.
  9. Originally posted by Blue_Room[..]

Obviously I was half joking. I guess my point on this is no one would want audience noise on a studio album. Why is that? I would say because you want to hear every note, chord, etc. that is being played in all its glory. I see a concert the same way. I want to be able to hear everything they are playing/singing.

Audience recordings have their place, but a good clear soundboard is better. If most people thought audience recordings were better they would send some guy out into the audience with a DAT and a microphone and use that audio for the official DVD over the board mix.

Just my 2 cents.

Very Fair argument and one thats hard to fight so i'm not going to. In response to your point about the 2 bootlegs on dime. Our argument has never been about which is the more popular between audience and soundboards. I personally only argue over what I prefer. I cannot say that Audience recordings are better than soundboards (even though I think they are) because if we face facts, many more people prefer a soundboard to an audience. I'm just one of those that doesn't.
  10. I'm also looking for Larry's IEM audio because I'm trying to be a drummer. LOL

I'm sad I couldn't find it.
  11. i think that here are at least one. I have to look for it
  12. I seem to recall Nuno torrented one of 6/18/11 Anaheim 2. It was significantly overloaded and full of static, but it was a Larry feed.

I released a Larry feed from 2005 Portland, but its not really Larry's feed--he only used it when he left his drum kit. The rest of the time it was the tech feed.