1. Motorola. Defy is excellent. Cool to have such a small phone again, bucking the trend of the 5 inch monsters. Android is still overrated and I gave up trying to get CM7 on it (for now at least) and the screen isn't overly brilliant but cool device.
  2. Good to see you're sticking with a phone for a while Gerard
    What do you think about the new Macbook Pro?
  3. Expensive. And still annnoyed that 'Regina's was all a lie. I don't honestly see myself as ever needing another laptop ever again. The ipad does all of my browsing.
  4. Originally posted by germcevoy:Expensive. And still annnoyed that 'Regina's was all a lie. I don't honestly see myself as ever needing another laptop ever again. The ipad does all of my browsing.

Too expensive really.
    But what do you mean Retinas was all a lie? The new one was "retina"

5. They invented retina back with the iPhone 4 because it had over 300ppi. The fanbouys disgregarded anything lower. Then the ipad 3 launched with 260 odd ppi yet the retina name remained. Now the new MacBook has 220ppi (the same as my old Nokia 5800) and its still retina. I don't see how people buy in to these marketing gimmicks.
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:They invented retina back with the iPhone 4 because it had over 300ppi. The fanbouys disgregarded anything lower. Then the ipad 3 launched with 260 odd ppi yet the retina name remained. Now the new MacBook has 220ppi (the same as my old Nokia 5800) and its still retina. I don't see how people buy in to these marketing gimmicks.

ah, that's what you meant. Yea, I thought the exact same thing when they announced it. That's why I called it "retina".
    I mean, the resolution is pretty impressive, no doubt, but to keep calling all of these "retina" is just fooling people.
  7. ^ Demolitions McEvoy Inc.
  8. Looks like Mountain Lion for Mac is coming in July and iOS6 later on in the year.

With useless features and another crapplication aplenty to make it more like the iPhone!!! Although a notifications centre, as long as it can be hidden out of the way looks an interesting feature.
  9. They're calling it retina because for them that means a resolution that's so high that the human eye can't see the pixels anymore. For that they've used different distances for the different devices... because you rarely hold a laptop or a tablet as close as you sometimes do with an iPhone.
  10. So any display is retina then. If I set my calculator at the other side of the room I can't see any pixels either.
  11. Haha