1. I stumbled upon this the other day, and found it interesting. Oh, to be in a successful rock band!!!!

And here's some info that I found in regards to these planes, by David Yanks over at Interference. (full link here: http://forum.interference.com/t73666.html)

A band with a financial backing like U2 does not need to simply rely on ground transportation to get them and their crew from city to city. Airliner charter companies were hired to supply planes for the band, management, and critical crew members. On the Elevation tour, two companies were used, on in the United States and one in Europe. For travel in the United States, Clay Lacy Aviation supplied a 40 seat Boeing 727-100 with details such as a custom paintjob and headrests. On the tail of the plane was painted a red ellipse with the "heart in the suitcase" logo, which also was seen on the front of the fuselage with a gray "U2." The plane was dubbed "Elevationair" early on in the tour and it carried a host of celebrities along with the band and assorted guests. Its call letters were N724CL and it was left behind (to be used on leg three) when the band went to Europe for leg two.

In Europe, the Swiss company Privatair supplied the band with a Boeing 737BBJ. On the morning of July 5, 2001 the company had the tail and nose painted red, and the "heart in the suitcase" logos were applied to the plane for its arrival at the first European show in Copenhagen on July 6. Its call letters were HB-IIQ and it was left behind when the band returned to America.
  2. I think they did a similar thing during Vertigo Tour too didn't they.

Too cool for words.....
  3. Originally posted by djrlewisI think they did a similar thing during Vertigo Tour too didn't they.

Too cool for words.....

Also during Popmart and ZooTV.
  4. Here's a photo of the Vertigo plane:-

A pretty poor one of the Popmart jet:-

Can't find a ZooTV one
  5. Originally posted by djrlewisHere's a photo of the Vertigo plane:-

Very cool....but I'm 99% sure the picture of the Vertigo plane is actually from a flight simulator program. Very cool, none-the-less....
  6. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

Very cool....but I'm 99% sure the picture of the Vertigo plane is actually from a flight simulator program. Very cool, none-the-less....

Umm, never spotted that. You've got a point I think now I look at it again! Damn Google....
  7. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Umm, never spotted that. You've got a point I think now I look at it again! Damn Google....

Haha...it's a cool paint scheme anyway, and probably modeled after their real Vertigo plane.
  8. Originally posted by haytrainHere you go:

(sorry, at my work computer and it won't let me put the pictures in the blog myself )

i'll give it a go
  9. no dosent let me ether
  10. links removed by germcevoy.

Reason : Screwing up the forum.

Paolo: Oyy, look what I did
  11. your lucky i'm also a airliner nerd