1. Originally posted by WojBhoy:Having listened to a few versions, and in particular the Sheffield performance, I think, and maybe it's the basis for the others ones, that he's singing "I guess that the price is the price worth paying but I know it ain't cheap" or "...I know it don't come cheap", at least it's something along those lines - anyone else got anything different yet lol?

These improvisations are better to me than original lyrics, makes song more dynamic!

2. It just sounds like Bono forgot the lyrics and is just mixing some random words. I really love that line from the original lyrics and this isn't really an improvement, it's.. nothing.

3. Originally posted by Remy:It just sounds like Bono forgot the lyrics and is just mixing some random words. I really love that line from the original lyrics and this isn't really an improvement, it's.. nothing.

Haha, and in those two comments you have the beauty of opinion in a nutshell
  4. Originally posted by Remy:[..]

It just sounds like Bono forgot the lyrics and is just mixing some random words. I really love that line from the original lyrics and this isn't really an improvement, it's.. nothing.

No, it's not just random words...take for example Milano 1 performance.

He sings...

You bury your treasure
    Where it can't be found
    But your love is like a secret
    That's been passed around
    There is a silence that comes to our house
    Where no one can sleep
    I guess it's the price -Bono's improvisation-
    I know it's not cheap

So...none of the original lyrics aren't even left out!!
  5. Originally posted by Yogi:No, it's not just random words...take for example Milano 1 performance.

He sings...

You bury your treasure
    Where it can't be found
    But your love is like a secret
    That's been passed around
    There is a silence that comes to our house
    Where no one can sleep
    I guess it's the price -Bono's improvisation-
    I know it's not cheap

So...none of the original lyrics aren't even left out!!

Well, there are, in that he says "I guess it's the price of love" so there are lyrics left out lol. I don't agree with Remy in it being forgetfulness, but it does seem a bit odd to change it from a fairly shorter line to that almost rapping thing. I'm not complaining though, I think it's good either way
  6. I don't mind Bono's revision of that line actually.
    Although the original line made more sense, the jibberish he raps out now is quite a catchy vocal hook.

Sure its a bit silly, but its fun (you can always listen to the old performances anyway). And hey, at least he's not singing "you're love is like a lightbulb/ thats been passed around" anymore .

People are making too big a deal of this, a much bigger problem is the tonne of other lines he flubs regularly and often sound sillier than this.
  7. Although UV is very very good, Acrobat is even better.

8. Even Better is even better. I wonder what the reason for not playing Acrobat is.

The first time Edge makes a mistake, fans will moan.

''He messed it up, what kind of guitar player is he? What is he playing at?''

And don't forget, people will moan about the backing track and that not enough people cheer for it. Maybe there's a reason for it - because there's 11 better songs on Achtung Baby than Acrobat and 11 that U2 can play very well. But considering we haven't heard Acrobat properly, outside of a rehearsal, it might not be all that bad, so my moaning could be a moot point.

Wild Horses would be even better.

9. how can you/anyone like Acrobat??? That and LIB are the only bad songs on AB, never listen to them. ecpecialy if u like UV i dont get how u can love Acrobat, its like a big bump in the head after such a beauty.... same thing on TJT with BTBS
  10. Originally posted by Shimitz:[..]

how can you/anyone like Acrobat??? That and LIB are the only bad songs on AB, never listen to them. ecpecialy if u like UV i dont get how u can love Acrobat, its like a big bump in the head after such a beauty.... same thing on TJT with BTBS

haha, couldn't disagree more. Acrobat follows UV perfectly for me and is the best song on AB as far as I'm concerned.

Perhaps you don't get them 'cos you don't listen to them.

Disagree about BTBS too.....

UV was the highlight of the tour for me. Stunning.
  11. Acrobat is an amazing song, there should be a very good reason not to play it. But I love Zoo Station, Even Better, Wild Horses and Love Is Blindness more. I really hope at least one of these songs are yet to be played on the following shows..

12. Beautiful. Amazing. Mind-blowing. Breath-taking. Spectacular. Wonderful.