1. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

[..]

Love Is Blindness is fantastic and has an epic sound about it, towards the end - it sounds like the end of the world. The solo at the end, sounding like Edge is going nuts with his guitar being shouted at by Bono in the studio ''Go for your life!!!'', and literally running around and doing an old 80s get-down-on-your-knees-and-go-for-it approach is awesome.

That said, the only solo that has got me since is the one in Unknown Caller and Moment of Surrender, and bought me back to that sound.

Oh, Love is Blindness is an epic, no doubts about that. The singing, lyrics, the haunting atmopshere those reverb effects give the song and that solo is fantastic too.

The solo in Acrobat also sounds similar (as indeed does the overall sound), LIB and Acrobat make a moody pair on AB.
  2. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

Oh, Love is Blindness is an epic, no doubts about that. The singing, lyrics, the haunting atmopshere those reverb effects give the song and that solo is fantastic too.

The solo in Acrobat also sounds similar (as indeed does the overall sound), LIB and Acrobat make a moody pair on AB.

On topic please. Not an Achtung Baby discussion topic.
  3. Must say U2's performance of Ultraviolet nowadays has let me fall in love with the song again. I adore the performances from Zoo TV but I must say I like this new performance even more. Bono's voice is lower, the guitar part at the end is gone but I believe it's the highlight of every show. Bono is singing with passion, joy and energy. Edge brings some brilliant goosebumpy guitar into it and Larry and Adam do what they do best: drumming and playing bass.

As some of you might know, I think the Sheffield gig is one of the best (maybe even the best) of the recent tour, in my humble opinion. Every song is nailed and UV is really great here. What a song...only thing that's missing is a phone call.
  4. The great thing about the 2009 version is the second verse. Bono is great, but most of all Edge plays the riff that is only in the background on the album, and that riff is just incredibly good.

If you don't think Ultra Violet is the best song ever, I will fight you.
  5. my thoughts are still as thay were back during the rehearsals.

'no fucking way!! They are playing it!'. Hasnt sunk in yet
  6. Originally posted by MWSAH:Must say U2's performance of Ultraviolet nowadays has let me fall in love with the song again. I adore the performances from Zoo TV but I must say I like this new performance even more. Bono's voice is lower, the guitar part at the end is gone but I believe it's the highlight of every show. Bono is singing with passion, joy and energy. Edge brings some brilliant goosebumpy guitar into it and Larry and Adam do what they do best: drumming and playing bass.

As some of you might know, I think the Sheffield gig is one of the best (maybe even the best) of the recent tour, in my humble opinion. Every song is nailed and UV is really great here. What a song...only thing that's missing is a phone call.

it was the highlight of Sheffield.

and I'm not just saying that 'coz it's my favourite song and I saw it live. haha

7. Exactly the same mate, its my favourite song and i thought it was the best version and i saw it live , haha this is great
  8. Ultraviolet to me is the highlight of the tour. Its ssoo much better than the ZooTv ones. (the second verse is so powerful now).
  9. Originally posted by Takuan:The great thing about the 2009 version is the second verse. Bono is great, but most of all Edge plays the riff that is only in the background on the album, and that riff is just incredibly good.

If you don't think Ultra Violet is the best song ever, I will fight you.
    Now that's a strong opinion. Haha.

10. Streets was my highlight for Sheff., but UV has always been a favourite of mine since I first heard Achtung Baby, indeed in my top 5 songs I'd say, and both Wembley 1 and Sheffield's performances hold a special place in my heart for me - would never have thought this time last year that I'd be sitting here having seen one of the band's greatest songs performed at BOTH gigs I got to go to! Wembley is probably my preferred performance because of the memories of that night and how close I was to the stage and just the whole "OMG" factor of seeing my first gig etc., but Sheffield is fantastic to listen to and brings back so many good memories too.

11. So what's the best live version of UV from the 360 tour so far?

I like edge's new slide guitar part during the third verse that replaces the solo, it sounds moodier and suits the song better. Pity they got rid of the baby, baby, baby! bits at the end accompanied by that killer riff.
  12. Originally posted by vanquish:

I like edge's new slide guitar part during the third verse that replaces the solo, it sounds moodier and suits the song better. Pity they got rid of the baby, baby, baby! bits at the end accompanied by that killer riff.

+1...i also miss the edge's singing of "Ultraviolet" in between the choruses. Although i do like the way Bono is singing it, i miss the oooo hooo's he used to sing as the edge sung "Ultraviolet"....Nitpicky much?