1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It’s not really a ‘gift’ though is it. People are basically paying money for it. I know you could say people are actually paying money for the presale but then why have the gifts in non tour years, the term gift is to make us all think it’s a generous act when in reality they’re still making plenty of profit out of the subscriptions and should be offering up something better. There’s no excuse not to have at the very least a substantial amount of live downloads available (20+ songs) if they’re not going to give us much music with the gift itself.

well, it's all about being realistic. It's not such a bad gift after all, if they would have released it for RSD probably a lot of us would have tried to get one and easily pay 20 dollars for it. People are happy with re-release's on vinyl and pay 30 dollars or more for it, while it doesn't contain anything new, and in a lot of cases it's just only a visual addition to their collection. So why can't you just be happy with a little free vinyl gift with a nice packaging?
    And about reasons for subscribing; these days it's all about the tickets. We all got our tickets, and now we're still dissapointed.
  2. I thought the original promo was cool when it came out first and I like the look of this one. Love that it's vinyl again and a nice nod to Rattle and Hum. U2.com gets a tough time, some justified (that metal keyring, Duals...) but mostly the gifts have been great including some fine live CDs and excellent vinyl.
  3. If some people are happy with it fair enough but I’m pretty certain most people aren’t and it doesn't represent a decent amount of material for our money. I’m not asking for another physical item but want more live material even as downloads, that is after all what we love most about the band is it not? The music. The ticket presale argument still isn’t a good one because if that’s the case why do they have a subscription in a non tour year then? They have to have these ‘gifts’ in non tour years otherwise the subscription numbers would reduce dramatically, so the gift isn’t a gift after all but in fact a pretty essential part of selling the subscription package and it’s not been good enough for a few years now.
  4. See it as " vent scream" because of the Long wait.....after four email ( from me to u2.com )....and no previous email as they Said ( you Will be informed when your item Will be shipped ) ....
    I'm happy but not 100%
    Let's see For the next.finger crossed
    As happened For the 2017(8) gift i suppose they should ( must ) send the 2018 gift b4 xmas
  5. So what's happened to the extra special gift that was announced for 2018
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:If some people are happy with it fair enough but I’m pretty certain most people aren’t and it doesn't represent a decent amount of material for our money. I’m not asking for another physical item but want more live material even as downloads, that is after all what we love most about the band is it not? The music. The ticket presale argument still isn’t a good one because if that’s the case why do they have a subscription in a non tour year then? They have to have these ‘gifts’ in non tour years otherwise the subscription numbers would reduce dramatically, so the gift isn’t a gift after all but in fact a pretty essential part of selling the subscription package and it’s not been good enough for a few years now.
    I see it as a gift (or a bonus), I didn't subscribe for it. People who did, without even knowing the gift are a bit naive I think.
  7. It's the gift of love. And love is bigger than anything in its way.
  8. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    I see it as a gift (or a bonus), I didn't subscribe for it. People who did, without even knowing the gift are a bit naive I think.
    I’m not saying anyone subscribed only to get the gift, in a tour year the presale is what lures people in but that’s not a good enough reason for the gift to not be satisfactory to most people, especially when there’s easy solutions that would satisfy most fans. Anyway I guess we all see it differently but I don’t think any fan can be criticised for not being satisfied if you and others are then that’s fair enough.
  9. I think it was the liner notes thing that we got around about the new year, don’t even get me started on that lol.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I’m not saying anyone subscribed only to get the gift, in a tour year the presale is what lures people in but that’s not a good enough reason for the gift to not be satisfactory to most people, especially when there’s easy solutions that would satisfy most fans. Anyway I guess we all see it differently but I don’t think any fan can be criticised for not being satisfied if you and others are then that’s fair enough.
    I think in non tour years they always announce the gift in time, so you know what to expect. In those cases, probably the effect is a bit different, but still I think most people just re-subscribe to keep their priority membership and because they just want to be part of the official fanclub. And lot's of people just don't resubscribe or with only 1 account. Like I said it's quite a different story. And yes, of course you can always argue wheter it's a good gift or not, but a 12" vinyl release in a nice package is just a good collector's item and in that sense more or less what people should have expected.