1. U2 will never release every show to fan club members because it will take 20 years for them to remaster, rerecord and otherwise clean up each performance so that it's perfect to their ears. I really appreciate artists like Counting Crows and Bruce Springsteen who release audio of their shows within a few weeks, without any clean up. I have one from a CC show I attended in Sydney and they screwed up the start of two songs and those imperfections remain. To me, those raw unedited recordings and the bootlegs available here, are the best versions of a live concert.
  2. Some bands used to have it done by the end of the show.
  3. Yeah, I guess U2 being perfectionists doesn’t really help but really I’m sure we’d all be pretty happy with the live mix that I assume is what’s there already.
  4. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I guess for me it's just weird that U2 is putting a CD out (only), because it's really not a widely-used format anymore. It'd be like them putting out a new concert video, but on DVD only (instead of blu-ray or HD download).

I have to imagine everyone will get a download code with it, but still - if they're going to release it on a physical format, at least release it on one that's currently in vogue.

Not only that, but what about for the sake of consistency? The last live U2 sub gift was on vinyl, and all of the recent smaller releases have been RSD vinyls.

Yes, this is a hill I'm dying on.

I'm thrilled it's being released on CD, as up until recently I haven't had a record player... I don't love vinyl.... however that being said, maybe they'll do what they did with Artificial Horizon and release the vinyl through the fan club with a few extra tracks later in the year.
  5. Good idea.
  6. I’d say they should a vinyl and digital release of their live material. That way if people want a cd copy they can burn the songs off their computer. Or just release all of the above for everyone who doesn’t have access to a record player, laptop, or phone
  7. They dont have to release every show.
    Just 1 from each tour
    For example:
    1984 nantes
    1987 Rotterdam
    1989 Sydney
    1992 Stockholm
    1997 Johannesburg
    2001 new York
    2006 honululu
    2010 paris

Video is impossible, but just the audio recordings for digital release.
    It is possible because joe o hirlihy has every show ever played in his database.
    I would kill for this 😊

And jt 2017 and berlin 2018 bluray release?
  8. Originally posted by bartbono:They dont have to release every show.
    Just 1 from each tour
    For example:
    1984 nantes
    1987 Rotterdam
    1989 Sydney
    1992 Stockholm
    1997 Johannesburg
    2001 new York
    2006 honululu
    2010 paris

Video is impossible, but just the audio recordings for digital release.
    It is possible because joe o hirlihy has every show ever played in his database.
    I would kill for this 😊

And jt 2017 and berlin 2018 bluray release?
    Like a bootleg series?
  9. Official releases just like the rolling stones "from the vault"
  10. Definitely AmpVisual doing the design.

11. Why that one? There are so many better shows from 1984/1985...
  12. Could be any show! This was for example. There are a lot of legendary shows! I believe a lot of fans dreaming about this.
    Anything is better then those useless remixes.
    This years gift is great though