1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It was the 25th April not 26th so zero of the last 3, that’s a mistake on u2songs. Even the news items about it haven’t been on a Friday so the news could come any day of the week.
    Are you saying U2SONGS makes mistakes?
  2. Everyone makes mistakes although in fairness maybe it’s more likely u2.com have put the wrong date on there news feed. Either way the day of the week seems random.
  3. I stopped having to be right a long time ago. Unless it's a defense legal case.
  4. If they’d released the thing on time we wouldn’t be having a discussion about days of the week so it’s all u2.com’s fault. It’s a certainty to be released on a Friday now anyway just to make me look stupid lol.
  5. I find it pretty disrespectful to the fans. When the band is involved, they should be ashamed of themselves!
  6. .
  7. I think that’s really unfair, he gave a fan of the month interview not too long ago and strange would be the last word I’d use to describe him. He’s gave some really useful information and very accurate information.
  8. Crossing my fingers for some news about it this coming week
  9. Originally posted by miryclay:My only guess now is that they are holding off until a promotional push for the tour and other releases in November, December.

The tour was due to be announced in early April. You would have had a rush of new subscribers at that point looking for pre sale opportunities. And then you would know how many of these “gifts” to make.

Instead the tour announcement was delayed almost two full months. So the rush of new subscribers would have been early June instead.

Makes absolutely no sense to send something like this to press when you don’t have any ideas how many copies you need to make. So I expect that yes the tour delays had an impact.

Still doesn’t explain why someone can’t say “will be a bit delayed here’s the track list and another set of downloads.”
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It was the 25th April not 26th so zero of the last 3, that’s a mistake on u2songs. Even the news items about it haven’t been on a Friday so the news could come any day of the week.

The download pack with “Love is Bigger” and “Lights of Home” came out on the 26th in the early evening (East Coast North American time.)

We posted about it on Twitter before U2Com listed any information about it. The article at U2Com was posted later that evening and was posted with an earlier date. But if you look it has no comments from before the 26th. So even though it says the 25th it was posted the following day. Probably written in anticipation of the downloads but not publicly posted until the following day.
  11. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]

The download pack with “Love is Bigger” and “Lights of Home” came out on the 26th in the early evening (East Coast North American time.)

We posted about it on Twitter before U2Com listed any information about it. The article at U2Com was posted later that evening and was posted with an earlier date. But if you look it has no comments from before the 26th. So even though it says the 25th it was posted the following day. Probably written in anticipation of the downloads but not publicly posted until the following day.
    Thanks for clearing that up, I’m not even surprised that u2.com’s information is less reliable than yours.