1. Can’t get into the 2018 version of iris at all. It would have been fine if it was the only version i knew but leaving out the ‘something in your eyes...’ pre chorus and shortening the first chorus just doesn’t sound right. I can see what they were doing leaving out the pre chorus to use the lyrics in the outro instead but the songs just incomplete to me.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:Can’t get into the 2018 version of iris at all. It would have been fine if it was the only version i knew but leaving out the ‘something in your eyes...’ pre chorus and shortening the first chorus just doesn’t sound right. I can see what they were doing leaving out the pre chorus to use the lyrics in the outro instead but the songs just incomplete to me.
    Agree, just a disappointing version of Iris! The Blackout never hit me, also this liveversion not.
  3. I like that we have official live versions of both the 2015 and 2018 performances of Iris. No need to have another 2015 since one was already released.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:Can’t get into the 2018 version of iris at all. It would have been fine if it was the only version i knew but leaving out the ‘something in your eyes...’ pre chorus and shortening the first chorus just doesn’t sound right. I can see what they were doing leaving out the pre chorus to use the lyrics in the outro instead but the songs just incomplete to me.
    I hadn't heard the 2018 version yet but I quite like the change.
  5. I really dont understand the complaning on Iris. I am happy with the 2018 version. Because we already have the 2015 version (Paris dvd).
    I am disappointed and dont understand cedarwood road. They played this song 200 times. Why do they put on the version we already have?! (Paris dvd)
  6. Originally posted by bartbono:I really dont understand the complaning on Iris. I am happy with the 2018 version. Because we already have the 2015 version (Paris dvd).
    I am disappointed and dont understand cedarwood road. They played this song 200 times. Why do they put on the version we already have?! (Paris dvd)
    It’s not really difficult to understand, I find the 2018 version of iris inferior to the 2015 version. It’s not really as much a reworking of the song but rather just shortening it I feel so why would I want a shortened version of a song I love over the full length version. If they had transformed the track like they did with New Years Day last year or The Fly for the elevation tour I could maybe understand the appeal but it’s just shortened. I agree they could have given us a different version of cedarwood road but at least it was good in Paris.
  7. Absolutely concur Iris 2015 is so much better....
    I'm not really digging The Blackout or Red Flag Day on this compilation. There are better live versions out there and the ones U2.com decided to use seem so forced...
  8. The idea of the fan club gifts are fantastic in theory. However, they're poorly executed in practice.

Plans published on the site often don't go to plan.

Instead of saying it'll be ready for 'X month', why not just say something like 'Coming in 2019?'
  9. Originally posted by bartbono:I really dont understand the complaning on Iris. I am happy with the 2018 version. Because we already have the 2015 version (Paris dvd).
    Agree about Iris, I don't really like the cut-down version but it's nice to have. But is there really any version of Cedarwood Road that stands out though? 200 versions of the same song, with pretty much the same intro🤷‍♂️
  10. Originally posted by LostSailor:Absolutely concur Iris 2015 is so much better....
    I'm not really digging The Blackout or Red Flag Day on this compilation. There are better live versions out there and the ones U2.com decided to use seem so forced...
    Here's another concurring opinion. 2015 Iris was great (even for someone who wasn't a lover of the song in the first place like myself), but 2018 was piss poor. It shouldn't have been there in the first place, luckily they fixed it from Copenhagen 2 onwards.
  11. Every live version of Cedarwood Road should have the “Can Edge come out and play?” line otherwise it is just a waste of a recording.