1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    As we've explained many times in the past, the quality of the Sydney film can NOT be improved by any digital or analogue means because it wasn't filmed (on film) but videotaped instead. It can't be scaled up to any modern resolution. Just not possible.

And even if it was possible, you'd think they'd invest the big amount of time and money needed for that remaster/upgrade just to give it away for free? It's U2 we're talking about
    Is Popmart the same? I watched it on YouTube before i bought the DVD - thinking the DVD would be remastered as 16 : 9 but it's still 4:3.

U2 should open the vault up like Bruce Springsteen or Pearl Jam do. It'd be a great way to make money during years where they aren't tour.

2. I stated what you said on u2.com and a guy replied saying it was filmed on 35mm film so it can be upscaled for 4k.
  3. Originally posted by CraigFairlie:[..]
    Is Popmart the same? I watched it on YouTube before i bought the DVD - thinking the DVD would be remastered as 16 : 9 but it's still 4:3.

U2 should open the vault up like Bruce Springsteen or Pearl Jam do. It'd be a great way to make money during years where they aren't tour.
    Yeah same go for Mexico, Boston, Slane and (I think) Chicago 2005 too, but not sure on this one. 99% sure on the others though. @Blue_room might chip in if he wishes to give more details, as he was the one explaining this to me in the first place many years ago.
  4. I think Slane is filmed as a proper movie... maybe Boston 2001 also. Chicago was partly broadcast in HD on American TV so it surely exists in HD
  5. Originally posted by Federico_Toni:I think Slane is filmed as a proper movie... maybe Boston 2001 also. Chicago was partly broadcast in HD on American TV so it surely exists in HD
    Even that would have been something if they streamed chicago in HD. They could have been given some credit for that, not a lot but some. Zoo tv sydney won’t be though even if it can be, you only need to look at the small preview clip to tell the quality hasn’t been improved. Btw we’re now getting ‘ a day in the life of the edge’ on u2.com another thing we’ve seen before that’s on YouTube as well, completely useless.
  6. I completely agree. I renewed only because I liked the Berlin show so I thought that the DVD would be nice. Anyway, I would be OK with rebroadcasting the old DVDs as long as they made them "full". No need to say "the concert was too long to be included on DVD, the quality would be bad" and all that stuff. Give us Sydney with Tryin', Boston with Mysterious, One and Pride (at least) and so on if you don't want to give us something new
  7. Songs were dropped from the Boston release? How did I not know this lol.
  8. It's a Frankestein video anyway But yeah, the core of the release is 2001-06-06 - Boston and from that setlist, Mysterious Ways, People Get Ready, Pride and One are not present on the DVD (well, Wake Up Dead Man is taken from the end of One), while on the other hand they included Stay from the night before.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    As we've explained many times in the past, the quality of the Sydney film can NOT be improved by any digital or analogue means because it wasn't filmed (on film) but videotaped instead. It can't be scaled up to any modern resolution. Just not possible.

And even if it was possible, you'd think they'd invest the big amount of time and money needed for that remaster/upgrade just to give it away for free? It's U2 we're talking about

Well. It's in 1080p and "free" right now. Fair play u2.com.
  10. Originally posted by Federico_Toni:I completely agree. I renewed only because I liked the Berlin show so I thought that the DVD would be nice. Anyway, I would be OK with rebroadcasting the old DVDs as long as they made them "full". No need to say "the concert was too long to be included on DVD, the quality would be bad" and all that stuff. Give us Sydney with Tryin', Boston with Mysterious, One and Pride (at least) and so on if you don't want to give us something new
    I think the reason they cut Tryin from the Sydney release was they found out the lady that Bono brought on stage was under the legal age for alcohol or something
  11. Originally posted by CraigFairlie:[..]

I totally agree with this! I keep buying Metallica songs here and there from their vault.