1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Why would they include previously released material when they haven’t for all bar 1 of the previous 100 or so live songs with the fan club?
    What about sydney, Slane and Mexico granted they were all DVD’s but still previously released, they could have easily picked other shows for a cd release
  2. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    But it also included songs taken off of Rattle and Hum, Zooropa and Passengers among other pretty common releases…

And then there’s the 2018 gift. U2 3-D Dance mixes. Which is a replica of a promo, where the 1988 version of the promo goes for $5 on eBay. And all of the tracks had been released on the When Love Comes to Town CD. That’s a more recent example of them releasing stuff that’s already released…
    My point is all of that stuff is studio releases. Any live material has followed a different trend. Maybe it’s a coincidence that 99.9% of the live songs have been previously unreleased with the fan club in the last decade but I tend to think it’s a deliberate attempt to get previously unreleased stuff out.
  3. Originally posted by electricwar1:[..]
    What about sydney, Slane and Mexico granted they were all DVD’s but still previously released, they could have easily picked other shows for a cd release
    They were more than a decade ago. Ever since that duals release in fact any live material has been previously unreleased with the exception of one song. I tend to believe there’s a reason for that.

Apollo - 18 songs
    E&I Berlin - 23 songs
    Live songs of innocence and experience - 23 songs (1 previously released)
    JT live singles - 4 songs
    Another time, another place - 11 songs
    U22 - really 25 songs when you include unknown caller and split MLK/walk on and all I want is you/love rescue me
    From the ground up - 20 songs when including bonus songs
    Duals - 1 live song

That’s 125 songs and only 1 had been released before I believe.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    They were more than a decade ago. Ever since that duals release in fact any live material has been previously unreleased with the exception of one song. I tend to believe there’s a reason for that.

Apollo - 18 songs
    E&I Berlin - 23 songs
    U22 - really 25 songs when you include unknown caller and split MLK/walk on and all I want is you/love rescue me
    Duals - 1 live song

Gloria as well.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]

Apollo - 18 songs
    E&I Berlin - 23 songs
    Duals - 1 live song

Duals also had stuck in a moment live, with mick jagger, but still live. That one is available to purchase on iTunes and listen on YouTube
  6. Originally posted by Cgmorgan1986:[..]
    Duals also had stuck in a moment live, with mick jagger, but still live. That one is available to purchase on iTunes and listen on YouTube
    Was duals the first time that was released? If so that would be another one to add to the previously unreleased at the time.
  7. Using the audio of Tryin' from Sydney would get around the legal impediment on the visual because the girl was under 18.
  8. She's in her mid-40s now. It's fine!
  9. It does seem to make a lot of sense to me. I can’t see them ever releasing the video of it for whatever reason they left it out whether it was to do with the under 18 or for artistic reasons so an audio release would finally get it out there properly.
  10. Are there any versions of Tryin to throw your arms in soundboard quality that have both the ‘dreamed that I saw a dali’ and ‘nothing much to say I guess’ lyrics? I thought Washington did but I listened to it again and there’s no ‘nothing much to say I guess’. Edit: I’m getting mixed up it’s Yankee stadium that has both. The redbeard sessions one has a complete version without the cut at the end and all lyrics are included.
  11. I had a similar thought the other day as I watched UABRS - all those fresh young faces interviewed at the beginning of the recording and seen in the crowd are now in their late 50s and early 60s. 😯 Mind you, the same applies to the band.