1. In spite of all that is happening in the world right now this is a minor issue, of course, but paying customers should not be treated like that.
    U2.com should at least give some updates and information and maybe an explanation. Wouldn't cost a fortune. I will think twice before renewing my membership this winter.
  2. You are absolutely right. And meanwhile this ignorance and bad manners of U2.com also cast a dark shadow on the U2 brand. I don't know if the band is aware of that.
  3. Originally posted by Papo:In spite of all that is happening in the world right now this is a minor issue, of course, but paying customers should not be treated like that.
    U2.com should at least give some updates and information and maybe an explanation. Wouldn't cost a fortune. I will think twice before renewing my membership this winter.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t get a gift for this coming year the way this one’s been going
  4. Ridiculous situation. Even if pressing CDs is a problem (like vinyl, and is that also honest?) they could easily provide downloads. Plus I didn't get last years "gift". All this means no more fan club subscriptions for me. They got me twice, that's enough.
  5. Originally posted by miryclay:Nope. They are remixing the live album with Metallica's St.Anger snare sound which was inspired by the ZooTV live snare sound.

No you got it all wrong. They can't find the original masters of Edge's Picks crowd noise for Electrical Storm. They are paying Teddy Bear Tedder a few million to make the crowd noise more contemporary and not sound like 1992 fans. Can't bring in new customers with old fashioned crowd noise.
  6. Does anyone else log into U2.com/Zootopia using Facebook and is the feature unavailable for them too?
  7. I can no longer log into the store direct. I have to log in at the main page and then go into the store. It’s been like that for a while now. Not sure if that will help you out or not.
  8. Does the store have an Easter egg or how to get the 2022 gift?

(Sorry. This was supposed to be the big one in terms of subscription gifts for me. The waiting is driving me mad.)
  9. Originally posted by RUMMY:Does the store have an Easter egg or how to get the 2022 gift?

(Sorry. This was supposed to be the big one in terms of subscription gifts for me. The waiting is driving me mad.)
    It’s not you who should be apologising, it’s the clowns over at zootopia who defend the handling of the gift that should be apologising. Embarrassing when you have fans making out as if we should be grateful to spend our money to sit and wait more than 7 months now for no updates let alone a tracklist, downloads or any sign of a physical item. The mods at zootopia are nothing short of pathetic. You can’t complain and they are so one sided. They type of fans deserve all the crap treatment they get from u2.com. For those of us not blinded by our love for the band hopefully our reasonable expectations will be met one day but unfortunately this year has been a massive step back again for the fan clubs handling of the gift.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It’s not you who should be apologising, it’s the clowns over at zootopia who defend the handling of the gift that should be apologising. Embarrassing when you have fans making out as if we should be grateful to spend our money to sit and wait more than 7 months now for no updates let alone a tracklist, downloads or any sign of a physical item. The mods at zootopia are nothing short of pathetic. You can’t complain and they are so one sided. They type of fans deserve all the crap treatment they get from u2.com. For those of us not blinded by our love for the band hopefully our reasonable expectations will be met one day but unfortunately this year has been a massive step back again for the fan clubs handling of the gift.
    The moderators have no control over the gift. Nor do the staff at Live Nation who run the site. They don’t edit it, pick the tracks, master it, get legal clearances etc. Live Nation buy a product, and ask for it to be made, and they distribute it when it’s ready. The last communication in May said they would be in touch when they had any updates. At that time they said it was going into production. I’m guessing they don’t know much more than they did in May, so we haven’t gotten an update. Yes, they may know more about where it is, and a little communication would go a long way, but maybe they don’t feel they have enough of an update to send one. Would you be happy with another email that says “we don’t know when these will be ready, we will let you know”?

Yeah I’d be happier if I had the gift in my hands right now. But if it is still being worked on, I’m hopeful the extra time it is taking is going towards putting together something great. And that they aren’t just slapping together the most recent recordings of these songs so they can hit a deadline.

But I have to say, the mods at Zootopia don’t deserve half the bile they get sometimes. They’ve gone above and beyond trying to help fans out time and time again over the years. They try to help out fans with issues with the merchandise store (not their department), they tried to help out with ticket purchase nightmares during verified fan implementation (not their department), they were involved in a fan coalition who reached out to Guy Oseary when the Verified ticket mess turned into a complete nightmare and helped fan sites get their message to Guy Oseary. They are often the ones letting the fan club bosses know that there is a problem that needs to be addressed when they arise. I have a lot of complaints with how U2Com runs…late shipping orders, having to call them repeatedly to get things sent, damaged orders, lost items. But the mods aren’t in my list of complaints. I know a number of fans who have been helped out by the team there when no one else was willing to help / listen. I’m betting there are a few on here.
    Sorry to hear your experience was much different.

Yes it sounds like my expectations are different than yours. As long as I get the 2022 gift before the end of 2022 (digitally or physical) then I’m happy. They’ve been this late in the year or later before, and I’ve just come to realize they don’t even consider it late until the end of the year starts creeping up.
  11. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    The moderators have no control over the gift. Nor do the staff at Live Nation who run the site. They don’t edit it, pick the tracks, master it, get legal clearances etc. Live Nation buy a product, and ask for it to be made, and they distribute it when it’s ready. The last communication in May said they would be in touch when they had any updates. At that time they said it was going into production. I’m guessing they don’t know much more than they did in May, so we haven’t gotten an update. Yes, they may know more about where it is, and a little communication would go a long way, but maybe they don’t feel they have enough of an update to send one. Would you be happy with another email that says “we don’t know when these will be ready, we will let you know”?

Yeah I’d be happier if I had the gift in my hands right now. But if it is still being worked on, I’m hopeful the extra time it is taking is going towards putting together something great. And that they aren’t just slapping together the most recent recordings of these songs so they can hit a deadline.

But I have to say, the mods at Zootopia don’t deserve half the bile they get sometimes. They’ve gone above and beyond trying to help fans out time and time again over the years. They try to help out fans with issues with the merchandise store (not their department), they tried to help out with ticket purchase nightmares during verified fan implementation (not their department), they were involved in a fan coalition who reached out to Guy Oseary when the Verified ticket mess turned into a complete nightmare and helped fan sites get their message to Guy Oseary. They are often the ones letting the fan club bosses know that there is a problem that needs to be addressed when they arise. I have a lot of complaints with how U2Com runs…late shipping orders, having to call them repeatedly to get things sent, damaged orders, lost items. But the mods aren’t in my list of complaints. I know a number of fans who have been helped out by the team there when no one else was willing to help / listen. I’m betting there are a few on here.
    Sorry to hear your experience was much different.

Yes it sounds like my expectations are different than yours. As long as I get the 2022 gift before the end of 2022 (digitally or physical) then I’m happy. They’ve been this late in the year or later before, and I’ve just come to realize they don’t even consider it late until the end of the year starts creeping up.
    The mods at zootopia are nothing short of a disgrace and quite frankly terrible people and I’m happy to have that on record. I don’t make posts personal usually but they deserve to be criticised on a personal level publicly for the way they’ve treated me and the way they talk to fans complaining. I know they have no control over the gift, I expected literally zero from them in the way of information. What I didn’t expect is people’s criticism’s to be belittled on a thread on zootopia. Are they not reading the room? There are several complaints yet they always feel the need to brush it off and say ‘please be patient’ how about please F off moderators. They show clear favouritism to favourable posters whilst trying to clamp down on less favourable comments. They want zootopia to be a fairy tale land where everything about u2 including the fan club is perfect. The reality is many of us see that as far from the truth. They’re the ones who picked a fight with myself and other fans. I never once aimed a criticism at them until they decided to take issue with me. So yeah my experience has been different to others. I can’t stand the moderators at zootopia and I think they’re part of the problem shutting down fans.

To go back to the point about who does and doesn’t know about the gift. As livenation are selling the product to us it is their duty to know and to be able to keep fans in the know and actually give us something for our money 7 months later. It’s not good enough to not know, it’s their business to run properly and running it properly means knowing this stuff and not messing the customers about. Your expectations seem to be based on what they consider late, my expectations are based on what I see as reasonable customer service. 7 months after selling a cd for £30, and that is all they’re selling because the rest of the fan club is crap, I’d expect to have a tracklist, I think that’s entirely reasonable regardless of what they consider late or not. 7 months later I’d expect to have all the downloads, and 7 months later I’d expect my cd to be on its way. I honestly couldn’t care less about any excuses at this point. I think any points are invalid, production issues etc, BS, 7 months is far too long to be waiting for the physical item never mind the tracklist and downloads. They need to run their business better, simple as that.
  12. It is not mandatory that they show us the audio, but the list of songs (what date, tour, etc.) I'm sure they already have the list of songs