1. Originally posted by Elektrik2007Dublin 28.08.1993 - best "Stay" ever IMHO. All the Elevation versions are far less impressive IMHO.

indeed, the best performence to this great song.
  2. Originally posted by germcevoyLove the video but I just marginally prefer it live. I like the crowd singing 'woooh oh oh oh' at the end. Thats the only thing that sets it apart live for me though.
    That is indeed too amazing.
  3. Its a good thing I found this thread, was going to start a new one with the same topic.

I too, am a fan of the album version, and IMO that the acoustic version's rob the song of its atmosphere. As they lack the fantastic beat, and the guitar parts during the chorus (anyone know what effect the Edge uses? Is it similar to the watery guitar of Staring at the Sun?).

The album version of Stay is one of my favourite songs, partly due to its ablity to transport you to a different time and place (Berlin in the 90s), the acoustic versions don't do this.

Are the ZooTV performances very similar to the album version? Have any been posted to Youtube or similar?
  4. Originally posted by vanquish
    Are the ZooTV performances very similar to the album version?

Not really, different vibe. The live ZooTV version had more of pub-feel because they'd play it on the B-stage. Great song, one of my all-time faves from that era. Much prefer the album version and the video-clip is a classic Wim Wenders production.
  5. Originally posted by aussiemofo[..]

Not really, different vibe. The live ZooTV version had more of pub-feel because they'd play it on the B-stage. Great song, one of my all-time faves from that era. Much prefer the album version and the video-clip is a classic Wim Wenders production.

Agree, the video clip is fantastic, too bad there aren't any live performances similar to the album version.
  6. Originally posted by vanquish[..]

Agree, the video clip is fantastic, too bad there aren't any live performances similar to the album version.

First time that "Stay" was first played was the 4-20-2001 San Jose show. I was right in front of Edge and Bono. I was yelling out for the song. It wasn't on the setlist. Bono must have heard me. He looked at Edge and whispered in his ear. Edge looked down at me and smile. AJ feverishly looked for the lyrics in a 3-ring binder and then pulled them out. Bono put his finger to his mouth, as which to tell us, "no one needs to know that I'm reading this!" and they began the song.

At the end of the tune, on the 4-20 bootleg, you'll hear him saying (whilst looking at me) "It's a good tune".
  7. You always have the best storys. Who the hell is AJ?
  8. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

First time that "Stay" was first played was the 4-20-2001 San Jose show. I was right in front of Edge and Bono. I was yelling out for the song. It wasn't on the setlist. Bono must have heard me. He looked at Edge and whispered in his ear. Edge looked down at me and smile. AJ feverishly looked for the lyrics in a 3-ring binder and then pulled them out. Bono put his finger to his mouth, as which to tell us, "no one needs to know that I'm reading this!" and they began the song.

At the end of the tune, on the 4-20 bootleg, you'll hear him saying (whilst looking at me) "It's a good tune".

haha! thats brilliant.

and Dublin 93 for the win
  9. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

Awesome story. Next show on my download list now.
  10. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

11. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01You always have the best storys. Who the hell is AJ?

AJ is AJ Rankin, Bono's personal assistant and his brother-in-law.
  12. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

"It's a good tune".

Bono's favorite, right?