1. with the release of the remastered Joshua Tree there will be loads of old unwanted albums.
    there is the plase to tell us what you have done with your old album

2. It's still in my CD-box...along with the rest. It's part of my U2-collection and always will be!
  3. i will never throw out the old joshua tree
  4. I ahve a collectible Gold-Disc (it's clearly not actual gold; probably brass or something!) version which is staying with me.

And I'll keep the old one for use on the house CD player or such.

My new version will be staying in the box and likely won't be used much after I've ripped it to my iPod lossless.
  5. Originally posted by djrlewis

My new version will be staying in the box and likely won't be used much after I've ripped it to my iPod lossless.

These are exactly my plans as well with the new set, I don't want to damage it, so maybe I'll give it a listen and a rip and then it will be a piece of art rather than a well-listened album. I feel lucky that I only had The Joshua Tree on vinyl before, so I don't have an old CD to look after...
  6. Originally posted by U2sBiggestFanwith the release of the remastered Joshua Tree there will be loads of old unwanted albums.
    there is the plase to tell us what you have done with your old album

So what, we chop down our old trees and plant the new ones?

I only have it in a digital format. Is there really a difference between the new and old versions? What does re-mastering mean in this case?
  7. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

So what, we chop down our old trees and plant the new ones?

I only have it in a digital format. Is there really a difference between the new and old versions? What does re-mastering mean in this case?

Well, I hardly can hear the difference..It's a bit louder and more clear, perhaps.
  8. Sounds cool, really what can you do to it? Add more tracks? Nah, it's perfect as it is/was.
  9. Originally posted by MWSAH[..]

Well, I hardly can hear the difference..It's a bit louder and more clear, perhaps.

Agree. That's all I can pick up too.
  10. Originally posted by drewhigginsSounds cool, really what can you do to it? Add more tracks? Nah, it's perfect as it is/was.

11. I have my original CD ripped lossless to my ipod. I'm gonna do the same with this re-mastered version. I'll keep my old CD as the big JT deluxe box doesn't sit well in the middle of a row of CD's
  12. Originally posted by germcevoy the big JT deluxe box doesn't sit well in the middle of a row of CD's

too true. It's a coffe table-type item for sure