1. Originally posted by djrlewis- how long has Bono been using teleprompter/autocue??

From the top of my head I don't really know.
    It's a fact that he used teleprompters and text sheets during the Elevation tour but I'm pretty sure he used them on earlier tours, too.
  2. It seems they're more common-place than I noticed previously.

Maybe it seemed to have a bigger impact at the BA gig because he was off that night for other reasons (shame really as the crowd and band were on fire {ok, except Edge's keyboard on OOTS}).

I've never consciously noticed prior to that gig.

Prompter so lyrics are right but possibly stilted or the possibility of forgetting lyrics but with more 'natural' feel. I can't decide which I think is best/worst.
  3. Originally posted by SIRBONO[..]
    It can clearly be seen in the Vertigo// Chicago DVD.

Really? Never noticed this before. What about the other official DVD's?
  4. Personally, I don't really care. The guy's turning into a lovable old fart anyways, his memory has got to be slipping...
  5. Originally posted by haytrainPersonally, I don't really care. The guy's turning into a lovable old fart anyways, his memory has got to be slipping...

Love it. Seeing as I've only noticed it at one show I think I should stop thinking about it so much and just get on with it.........
  6. Originally posted by haytrainThe guy's turning into a lovable old fart anyways

I never thought I would see those words being used to describe Bono. Hilarious!
  7. Originally posted by easports43[..]

I never thought I would see those words being used to describe Bono. Hilarious!

Indeed. He certainly had a belly on him in BA. Please God just don't go down the 'I'm Mick Jagger and I think I'm 20 years younger than I actually am' route.......
  8. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Indeed. He certainly had a belly on him in BA. Please God just don't go down the 'I'm Mick Jagger and I think I'm 20 years younger than I actually am' route.......

hahaha. Bono is too smart to let that happen......I think...
  9. Originally posted by easports43[..]

I agree. And I hope too...
  10. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

I agree. And I hope too...

They still have a few good albums in 'em though...
  11. Originally posted by easports43[..]

I'm not so sure about that, hence the Islington performance.
  12. Originally posted by easports43[..]

Fast-forward six years....Bono and the boys are playing at the Bellagio in Las Vegas every night, complete with performances by Mirrorball Man and MacPhisto, minus the eye-winks and the sarcastic ironies of over-indulgence and self-importance that we saw on ZooTV.

It's a scary thought.