1. 4K

2. Personally for mine one of their weaker live performances was their Slane Castle Gig and subsequent video release. Infact it gave them the reputation that they weren't a great live band! They have since tightened the bands live sound up having added a back up guitarist as well as a keyboardist. U2 could learn a thing or two regarding having other musicians on stage.
  3. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Why so surprised?? U2 are one of very few acts who have had a number 1 album of original material in 4 different decades and they are one of the biggest selling bands in history,but back to the Chilli Peppers the album is pretty good without been a certified classic .

Not surprised, however I didn't know it was the mainstream charts , I thought it was purely a rock chart thing.
  4. Originally posted by EdgeMedia72:[..]
    Personally for mine one of their weaker live performances was their Slane Castle Gig and subsequent video release. Infact it gave them the reputation that they weren't a great live band! They have since tightened the bands live sound up having added a back up guitarist as well as a keyboardist. U2 could learn a thing or two regarding having other musicians on stage.
    what is their greatest concert for you?
  5. Originally posted by EdgeMedia72:[..]
    Personally for mine one of their weaker live performances was their Slane Castle Gig and subsequent video release. Infact it gave them the reputation that they weren't a great live band! They have since tightened the bands live sound up having added a back up guitarist as well as a keyboardist. U2 could learn a thing or two regarding having other musicians on stage.
    Christ. As someone who was actually at the gig can I just say you are talking bollox...but entitled to your opinion.
  6. Well yeah I am entitled to my opinion, i certainly didn't feel the need to belittle anyone who didn't agree with mine.

Off The Map and Live in Russia are my personal favs!
  7. Not an excuse but that’s been the norm for them for a while. I wouldn’t understand disappointment because it’s nothing new. Now when Pj goes from over 30 songs a night to 23-24, I completely get the disappointment. Most important thing from what I saw is they sounded pretty good. Let’s hope they vary the set lists like they did the last few tours.
  8. So, I guess I am disappointed a bit and am deciding if I want to shell out the money for a show in North America later this year. They could have played different / better songs from Stadium Arcadium. How about Wet Sand or Desecration Smile instead of Charlie and Tell Me Baby? Dosed would have been nice too from By the Way. Hopefully they mix it up.....It seems like a lot of artists are shortening shows post Covid. The Cure used to play for close to 3 hours. Robert Smith recently stated they will play for 2Hrs 15 min on their fall tour....Welcome to the new norm....
  9. Originally posted by LostSailor:So, I guess I am disappointed a bit and am deciding if I want to shell out the money for a show in North America later this year. They could have played different / better songs from Stadium Arcadium. How about Wet Sand or Desecration Smile instead of Charlie and Tell Me Baby? Dosed would have been nice too from By the Way. Hopefully they mix it up.....It seems like a lot of artists are shortening shows post Covid. The Cure used to play for close to 3 hours. Robert Smith recently stated they will play for 2Hrs 15 min on their fall tour....Welcome to the new norm....
    Yea it sucks. And who knows if the show even happens. Every night it’s a gamble. Ticket prices are higher than ever and we have to deal with the constant threat of cancellations and shorter sets.
  10. Killer RHCP show tonight in Barcelona. Dani California, Zephyr Song, Around the World, Right on Time, Other Side, I Could Have Lied, and the premiere of The Heavy Wing! You called it that they would change up their setlists every night!
  11. Originally posted by LostSailor:Killer RHCP show tonight in Barcelona. Dani California, Zephyr Song, Around the World, Right on Time, Other Side, I Could Have Lied, and the premiere of The Heavy Wing! You called it that they would change up their setlists every night!
    Hell Yeah!!!!!! Killer set.

Heavy Wing sounded INCREDIBLE