1. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Well done on stopping argueing. I ill do the same thing.

The fact is that I understand your point of view. I even SHARE your views. But my 4 GB MP4 player doesn't allow me to carry 40 shows on FLAC, but I can[/b] carry them in MP3 format. And now comes your argument: bigger spaces are cheap. Well, maybe are cheap for you; not for me.

Stop.

Last word on this:
    I wouldn't argue that way at all. It's up to you what you do with the files for your own use. I only have a problem with spreading them in lossy formats.
  2. Originally posted by yeah[..]

Last word on this:
    I wouldn't argue that way at all. It's up to you what you do with the files for your own use. I only have a problem with spreading them in lossy formats.

we are only a small community. 9/10 of the U2 bootleg community prefer lossless and it's mostly able to obtain so it's up to each individual. Lossless for serious folks, lossy for the rest.
  3. I dont really see how it matters much anyway. I mean why would someone want to be sure that their copy of a crappy 3-star audience recording is in FLAC format or in 320/kps mp3's?
    It's not like the show would sound any better.......

The lossless formats take up much more space on my harddrive, and honestly, I have an extremely tight budget. I cant afford to go out and buy bigger harddrives just so I can listen to music. It's a preference issue that comes down to the person downloading the files. If someone uploads a show in lossless, and someone converts it to lossy.....relax. None of us actually 'own' this stuff, so it's not like we have any say in how it is used/listened to/converted.......
  4. Originally posted by yeahLast word on this:
    Fantastic.
  5. Thanks for sharing this here...Spread it far and wide...anyway you can.
  6. chrisedge, i've followed all these arguments through the years via dime, u2preservation, trader's den and U2 torrents. I have to say that your attitude is a great one. U2start is a completely different site to u2torrents, I like to use this place as a reference point for U2 Live, if a download sounds good, then i'll get it in lossless; this place is utterly brilliant for reading about a performance in Pimm's book that sounds interesting and then giving it a listen. The software for analysing a file's origin is good enough now to remove argument.

Long live all the torrent sites who's moderators are passionate about lineage, but there is definitely room for a place like this to co-exist.
  7. Originally posted by ChrisedgeThanks for sharing this here...Spread it far and wide...anyway you can.

good man yourself. Welcome also. It's a pleasure to have an established taper like yourself among us.
  8. Originally posted by ChrisedgeThanks for sharing this here...Spread it far and wide...anyway you can.

Originally posted by chrissybabychrisedge, i've followed all these arguments through the years via dime, u2preservation, trader's den and U2 torrents. I have to say that your attitude is a great one. U2start is a completely different site to u2torrents, I like to use this place as a reference point for U2 Live, if a download sounds good, then i'll get it in lossless; this place is utterly brilliant for reading about a performance in Pimm's book that sounds interesting and then giving it a listen. The software for analysing a file's origin is good enough now to remove argument.

Long live all the torrent sites who's moderators are passionate about lineage, but there is definitely room for a place like this to co-exist.

Christ, we're honoured. Amen to that.
  9. Years ago I used to care about the whole "Don't convert to MP3" and found it mostly pointless. Some people want small downloads and folks that want lossless can get that too.

As long as people aren't selling it, I don't care if someone remasters, mp3's, YouTubes, etc...

10. Originally posted by ChrisedgeYears ago I used to care about the whole "Don't convert to MP3" and found it mostly pointless. Some people want small downloads and folks that want lossless can get that too.

As long as people aren't selling it, I don't care if someone remasters, mp3's, YouTubes, etc...

Great to have you here Chrisedge, you've done a great job

And I could be in the list of people you're talking about, with the slow connection speed and limited time that I have I prefer small downloads...of course I can always download the lossless of the shows that I love
  11. I have some troubles with this bootleg. The three missing songs are not available anymore at sendspace.

Anyone?
  12. i'm pretty sure I added the new links to the relevant bootleg change. If theres any more problems i'll upload the whole show to RS tomorrow. I'm pretty sure the 2 RS links are the new source. If not then I will sort it.