1. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]
    all credit to the tapers. I just downloaded and did a conversion. As easy as that

Yeh, the tapers are often the unsung heroes of this enterprise. Still, you posted it which is more than a lot can do or are willing to do.
  2. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Yeh, the tapers are often the unsung heroes of this enterprise. Still, you posted it which is more than a lot can do or are willing to do.

many would argue that what I did was evil. Converted a lossless recording to lossy mp3. I converted them at 320kp/s so it should sound just as good. It does to my ears anywa.
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]
    many would argue that what I did was evil. Converted a lossless recording to lossy mp3. I converted them at 320kp/s so it should sound just as good. It does to my ears anywa.

Those people would need to get a life. You'd need a multi-thousand pound system to have any chance of picking up the difference. In this age of iPods, micro-systems and computer systems being your entertainment hub any pickiness would be petty in the extreme.
  4. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Those people would need to get a life. You'd need a multi-thousand pound system to have any chance of picking up the difference. In this age of iPods, micro-systems and computer systems being your entertainment hub any pickiness would be petty in the extreme.

Agree mostly there. I have the odd lossless show just. Mainly only shows that I have on mp3 that I can't play without gaps, I detect no differences in sound though
  5. Originally posted by germcevoymany would argue that what I did was evil. Converted a lossless recording to lossy mp3.
    **Cough**Yeah**Cough**Blue_Room**...
  6. Originally posted by djrlewisYeh, the tapers are often the unsung heroes of this enterprise. Still, you posted it which is more than a lot can do or are willing to do.
    Agree and agree
  7. i'll be posting some more stuff tonight or 2morro
  8. Originally posted by germcevoyi'll be posting some more stuff tonight or 2morro
    Wow, you're becoming a respectable uploader **even with shit upload speed**...!!
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Wow, you're becoming a respectable uploader **even with shit upload speed**...!!

i've downloaded way too much that other people have uploaded without giving anything back.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]**Cough**Yeah**Cough**Blue_Room**...

I decided to stop argueing about it, I can't stop you anyway (and I posted the Honolulu matrix in lossy format myself).
    I'll never understand why people want to listen to lossy recordings when they're available in lossless format but to each their own, I guess.
    Time will tell what effect it has on sharing.

11. Originally posted by yeah[..]

I decided to stop argueing about it, I can't stop you anyway (and I posted the Honolulu matrix in lossy format myself).
    I'll never understand why people want to listen to lossy recordings when they're available in lossless format but to each their own, I guess.

it's all about space and convenience and most peoples audio equipment not being able to detect any difference from files that are ten times the size of lossy files
  12. Originally posted by yeahI decided to stop argueing about it, I can't stop you anyway (and I posted the Honolulu matrix in lossy format myself).
    Well done on stopping argueing. I ill do the same thing.

The fact is that I understand your point of view. I even SHARE your views. But my 4 GB MP4 player doesn't allow me to carry 40 shows on FLAC, but I can[/b] carry them in MP3 format. And now comes your argument: bigger spaces are cheap. Well, maybe are cheap for you; not for me.

Stop.