1. Can someone please explain why they changed the name of Is That All? to Cry when they play Electric Co. live?

It's just something I've never understood. I can understand why if it's because of the lyrics used before they break into Electric Co. but why did they completely scrap Is That All?
  2. Originally posted by iTimCan someone please explain why they changed the name of Is That All? to Cry when they play Electric Co. live?

It's just something I've never understood. I can understand why if it's because of the lyrics used before they break into Electric Co. but why did they completely scrap Is That All?

Cry was an intro for The Electric Co. even before October. They just used the Cry riff on Is That All?
  3. The Cry is simply the name of the guitar riff. Edge first used it at a gig in Edinburgh 1980 just before Electric Co. (I assume he just had a go at something and thats what came out of the amp). The band liked the riff so much that they recorded it and patched it in at the start of Is That All. So to sum up 'Cry' is just the name for the guitar bit. Bono added the 'somebody cry somebody cry' bits during later live gigs. Hope that sums it up
  4. Originally posted by germcevoyThe Cry is simply the name of the guitar riff. Edge first used it at a gig in Edinburgh 1980 just before Electric Co. (I assume he just had a go at something and thats what came out of the amp). The band liked the riff so much that they recorded it and patched it in at the start of Is That All. So to sum up 'Cry' is just the name for the guitar bit. Bono added the 'somebody cry somebody cry' bits during later live gigs. Hope that sums it up

Thanks for giving more detail. I'm way too lazy to even tell that story...
  5. Ahhhh, you learn something new every day. Thanks for that It is a quality riff, one of the main reasons why I adore The Electric Co.
  6. Originally posted by iTimAhhhh, you learn something new every day. Thanks for that It is a quality riff, one of the main reasons why I adore The Electric Co.

yeah it just don't sound the same without it
  7. Originally posted by iTimAhhhh, you learn something new every day. Thanks for that It is a quality riff, one of the main reasons why I adore The Electric Co.

Agreed totally.
  8. I always wondered that as well, didn't know the complete story, but had guessed something similar!
    Are there any kind of compilation of lyrics that Bono has singed for this? Cause he has singed lots of different lyrics to it!
  9. That question came to me too, yesterday...and now it's answered without even asking it..
  10. Originally posted by germcevoyyeah it just don't sound the same without it
    Well, I don't agree. I love The Cry, but The Electric CO is also very good without it. Look at Joshua Paris and Madrid, both are my favorties Electric Co's ever. That nude riff (without The Cry before of it) sounds absolutely awesome. It reminds me to In Gods Country or so.