1. I have 'always' wanted the suitcase with the heart in it - lots of personal meaning for me - but I don't think, at my age (NOT TELLING SO DON'T ASK) I'll be getting a tat. Doesn't mean I don't want one!
  2. Originally posted by JohnnyVOXX[..]

thats AWESOME!!
    Please post a the pic of your wrist tattoo!! I would love to see it!!
    and the idea for the second tattoo is AWESOME!!! do you have any drawings or sketches???
    cheers mate!!
    thanks!!

glad you like it I have some kind of drawing of the new tattoo, but only done by myself (and I'm really bad at drawing ), but I'll see what I can do to get it on the computer to show it to you guys

here are two pictures of my first U2 tattoo. they were taken on the day the tattoo was done, which was in June 2006, so it's still very "black" there... by now the color has faded, but only a bit -- and I can't take an actual picture at the moment since my digi cam is broken

the three lines stand for the first Corinthian verse 13:13 which says: "And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity." This is what U2 have taught me and still do, although it's difficult to explain. and the three lines stand also for the stability, emotion-wise, that U2 give me through their music. Also, the bottom line is shorter than the middle line and that is shorter than the top line, so if you look at it, it looks like wings in a way, so with every step in my life I take with U2, the path grows wider, my horizon gets more open... because of what they add to my life.

yeah. that's it
  3. Originally posted by MacStripey[..]

glad you like it I have some kind of drawing of the new tattoo, but only done by myself (and I'm really bad at drawing ), but I'll see what I can do to get it on the computer to show it to you guys

here are two pictures of my first U2 tattoo. they were taken on the day the tattoo was done, which was in June 2006, so it's still very "black" there... by now the color has faded, but only a bit -- and I can't take an actual picture at the moment since my digi cam is broken

[image]

[image]

the three lines stand for the first Corinthian verse 13:13 which says: "And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity." This is what U2 have taught me and still do, although it's difficult to explain. and the three lines stand also for the stability, emotion-wise, that U2 give me through their music. Also, the bottom line is shorter than the middle line and that is shorter than the top line, so if you look at it, it looks like wings in a way, so with every step in my life I take with U2, the path grows wider, my horizon gets more open... because of what they add to my life.

yeah. that's it

That's possibly one of the greatest U2-tattoos I've ever seen! Congrats on the original and personal tattoo. also like your idea for the second one btw
  4. your tattoo rocks, stripey and I'm so curious about what else there is to come.
    the celtic cross one sounds like it's going to look really awesome as well!
  5. Originally posted by an07[..]

That's possibly one of the greatest U2-tattoos I've ever seen! Congrats on the original and personal tattoo. also like your idea for the second one btw

wow, thank you so much!!
  6. Originally posted by flowerchildyour tattoo rocks, stripey and I'm so curious about what else there is to come.
    the celtic cross one sounds like it's going to look really awesome as well!

yeah, thanks, mate in fact, i don't think about my tattoo anymore, it's become a part of me in meaning of I don't take notice of it anymore... it's just.... me

as for the second one, the one with the celtic cross, I've been planning on that for the past two years, and it was already "in progress" when the "Faraway, So Close" image turned up. that one is still not finished in my mind.... but one day, it'll be there as well let's see what time will bring -- maybe I need another day at Killiney Beach to get inspiration for the final design.....
  7. Originally posted by MacStripey[..]

yeah, thanks, mate in fact, i don't think about my tattoo anymore, it's become a part of me in meaning of I don't take notice of it anymore... it's just.... me

as for the second one, the one with the celtic cross, I've been planning on that for the past two years, and it was already "in progress" when the "Faraway, So Close" image turned up. that one is still not finished in my mind.... but one day, it'll be there as well let's see what time will bring -- maybe I need another day at Killiney Beach to get inspiration for the final design.....

AWESOME!!!
    It looks amazing!! and the meaning..... that's the sort of tattoo that I wnat, something that really means that much to me... that's why I haven't got it yet, I'm still looking for that something.....hehe!
    But man, what a great tattoo!!!

thanks for the pics!!!
  8. Originally posted by MacStripey[..]

yup, I knew that you were thinking about the cross for a longer time
    and imo that's the right way, thinking about it as long as it needs until it's finished in your mind and until you know for sure that you want to have it same goes for the one that got inspired in ireland - just don't forget to take me along once you get it done I want to see it taking shape.
  9. Does anyone in the band, other than Larry, have ink?
  10. wow cool tattoo!

lately I'm thinking of getting the macphsito logo:

hard choice!
  11. Nice tat, McStripey!
  12. Originally posted by NoamTGwow cool tattoo!

lately I'm thinking of getting the macphsito logo:
    [image]

hard choice!

wow, that's a great idea!! it would look great, I'm sure, and those of us who know Macphisto would recognize it in a heartbeat if you have it done, make sure you share a picture afterwards, I'd love to see it -- great choice