1. I mean, few bands can pull out something like this. Simply gorgeous, calm but powerful, accessible but deep.

I wished I had seen them live before they split up.

2. Only got to see them once and wish I'd seen them more. Agree with your comments about this song - it's incredible.
  3. I agree... love the selection of live albums on Spotify, including the BBC one which includes the Milton Keynes gig that I attended (great support too that day). Monster is a great album and I always thought it was a bit like them doing an Achtung Baby as it was different, they changed their image, were a lot cooler and was a departure from Out of Time and Automatic.

Country Feedback is a lovely song and I like the version from that Chicago 1995 gig on the Monster reissue.

4. I love this version
  5. Originally posted by zooropa93:I agree... love the selection of live albums on Spotify, including the BBC one which includes the Milton Keynes gig that I attended (great support too that day). Monster is a great album and I always thought it was a bit like them doing an Achtung Baby as it was different, they changed their image, were a lot cooler and was a departure from Out of Time and Automatic.

Country Feedback is a lovely song and I like the version from that Chicago 1995 gig on the Monster reissue.
    Support featured Radiohead that day? I know one of them was Blur one day too. Must be forever a cherished memory that you got to see that tour and that gig.
  6. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    Support featured Radiohead that day? I know one of them was Blur one day too. Must be forever a cherished memory that you got to see that tour and that gig.
    Yes, Radiohead, Sleeper and The Cranberries... Blur were the night before.

Great heavier versions of Drive and Try Not to Breathe... Always loved Let Me In as was a massive Nirvana fan around that time too.

It was broadcast live on Radio 1 which was a bonus.

I kinda lost interest in them after New Adventures which tied in with Bill Berry leaving.
  7. Originally posted by zooropa93:[..]
    Yes, Radiohead, Sleeper and The Cranberries... Blur were the night before.

Great heavier versions of Drive and Try Not to Breathe... Always loved Let Me In as was a massive Nirvana fan around that time too.

It was broadcast live on Radio 1 which was a bonus.

I kinda lost interest in them after New Adventures which tied in with Bill Berry leaving.
    Try Not to Breathe, easily one of my favourite R.E.M. songs.

I'm a fan of New Adventures, but I could see why a fan would dive off after it. I find a lot of the work into the turn of the Millenium pretty uninspiring.
  8. I saw REM twice. Toronto 01 and Detroit 04.

Here are my favourite tracks:

9. Greatest band ever. I don’t know how many times I have met Mike Mills, Peter Buck, Scott McCaughey, Ken Stringfellow and Bill Rieflin when they have played in Norway. All of them are very nice people. I have been invited to many soundchecks by them. One time, me and some friends of me and the band got to eat Peter Bucks homemade ham and cheese sandwich at a hotel in Norway.
  10. Maybe laziness on me for not exploring all the bootlegs myself but I was wondering if any of you super fans could give me a list of the best live audio recording of their "hits" from the 80's and 90's? There have been some wonderful videos shared here recently and I wouldn't mind getting some of the performances to put into Apple Music. And yes, I do know how to use one of those YouTube to mp3 converters but I was hoping to keep the sound quality as high as possible. ;-)

For the record, I quite like and respect REM but my own fandom is not at the same level as it is for bands like U2, Radiohead, Oasis, or Pearl Jam. I know Automatic For The People very well but really just the singles (and songs like Country Feedback, Me and Honey, and Let Me In) outside of that. I have been listening to some of their earlier records lately but it's been sort of "background" music while doing so.