1. listen to it right now for first time....
    its not superb but its good a little Automatic for the People'ish and thats good!

but that album is so good together with Out of Time...

but its a good R.E.M. Album
  2. Originally posted by ad87 listen to it right now for first time....
    its not superb but its good a little Automatic for the People'ish and thats good!

but that album is so good together with Out of Time...

but its a good R.E.M. Album

I really like it; it's not there best, but definitely better than Around The Sun (altough I like Electron Blue). It's a bit early to say it's the best of the year, but it's definitely nominated.
  3. Accelerate is a good rock album, but my favouirte song is "until the day is done" which is more quite. and by the way "find the river is a masterpiece.
  4. Originally posted by yeahHoly shit: Ignoreland, Let me in and Time after Time are back in the setlist. Can't wait for my shows.

Ignoreland?

sweet!
  5. Originally posted by wangmaster[..]

Ignoreland?

sweet!

For those wondering... Here was the fun for the REM Hollywood Bowl show:

O/T: For the REM fans in the crowd. After Wednesday's cool meeting of Michael Stipe and Scott McCaughey at Book Soup... I was more than ready for REM's show at the Hollywood Bowl. I got there early and went to the backstage area. Met the singer of The National and REM drummer Bill Rieflin.

Setlist notes:
    After the last three tours having much of the same songs plus some new ones, REM are digging into the catalog. Highlights songs are ones not played so much, ever or in a number of years at least. Also cool that they rearrange some (Like "Let Me In" being done acoustically with Mike Mills, Scott McCaughey and drummer Bill Rieflin all playing guitars, Peter Buck playing keys and Michael singing). The stripped down acoustic arrangement of "I've Been High" was great. And REM's "Ignoreland" couldn't be truer now than when released in 1992.

R.E.M. At Hollywood Bowl Setlist

Thursday, 29 May 2008
    Soundcheck
    1. Life and How to Live It (Which they didn't play in the show)
    2. Pretty Persuasion

Setlist
    1. Pretty Persuasion [Reckoning]
    2. Living Wells The Best Revenge [Accelerate]
    3. What's The Frequency, Kenneth? [Monster]
    4. Sitting Still [Murmur]
    5. Ignoreland [Automatic...]
    6. Man Sized Wreath [Accelerate]
    7. Circus Envy [Monster]
    8. Drive [Automatic...]
    9. Accelerate [Accelerate]
    10. Hollow Man [Accelerate]
    11. Fall On Me [Lifes Rich Pageant]
    12. Houston [Accelerate]
    13. Electrolite [New Adventures...]
    14. Final Straw [Around The Sun]
    15. I've Been High [Reveal]
    16. Let Me In [Monster]
    17. Losing My Religion [Out Of Time]
    18. Horse To Water [Accelerate]
    19. Bad Day [In Time - The Best of REM 1988-2003]
    20. Walk Unafraid [Up]
    21. I'm Gonna DJ [Accelerate]

Encore
    22. Supernatural Superserious [Accelerate]
    23. The One I Love [Document]
    24. Until the Day is Done [Accelerate]
    25. Happy Birthday [* traditional *]
    26. Man On The Moon [Automatic]

6. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

For those wondering... Here was the fun for the REM Hollywood Bowl show:

O/T: For the REM fans in the crowd. After Wednesday's cool meeting of Michael Stipe and Scott McCaughey at Book Soup... I was more than ready for REM's show at the Hollywood Bowl. I got there early and went to the backstage area. Met the singer of The National and REM drummer Bill Rieflin.

Setlist notes:
    After the last three tours having much of the same songs plus some new ones, REM are digging into the catalog. Highlights songs are ones not played so much, ever or in a number of years at least. Also cool that they rearrange some (Like "Let Me In" being done acoustically with Mike Mills, Scott McCaughey and drummer Bill Rieflin all playing guitars, Peter Buck playing keys and Michael singing). The stripped down acoustic arrangement of "I've Been High" was great. And REM's "Ignoreland" couldn't be truer now than when released in 1992.

R.E.M. At Hollywood Bowl Setlist

Thursday, 29 May 2008
    Soundcheck
    1. Life and How to Live It (Which they didn't play in the show)
    2. Pretty Persuasion

Setlist
    1. Pretty Persuasion [Reckoning]
    2. Living Wells The Best Revenge [Accelerate]
    3. What's The Frequency, Kenneth? [Monster]
    4. Sitting Still [Murmur]
    5. Ignoreland [Automatic...]
    6. Man Sized Wreath [Accelerate]
    7. Circus Envy [Monster]
    8. Drive [Automatic...]
    9. Accelerate [Accelerate]
    10. Hollow Man [Accelerate]
    11. Fall On Me [Lifes Rich Pageant]
    12. Houston [Accelerate]
    13. Electrolite [New Adventures...]
    14. Final Straw [Around The Sun]
    15. I've Been High [Reveal]
    16. Let Me In [Monster]
    17. Losing My Religion [Out Of Time]
    18. Horse To Water [Accelerate]
    19. Bad Day [In Time - The Best of REM 1988-2003]
    20. Walk Unafraid [Up]
    21. I'm Gonna DJ [Accelerate]

Encore
    22. Supernatural Superserious [Accelerate]
    23. The One I Love [Document]
    24. Until the Day is Done [Accelerate]
    25. Happy Birthday [* traditional *]
    26. Man On The Moon [Automatic]

i like that set-list!
    i'm going the 2nd of july...
    got my ticket today!!

finally gonna see one of the best bands out there
  7. Originally posted by ad87[..]

i like that set-list!
    i'm going the 2nd of july...
    got my ticket today!!

finally gonna see one of the best bands out there

Have a good show. The Bowl show was great. It was good to see them get away from some of the more usual tunes. Seems Peter writes the set list each night and they've been adding and moving tunes around.

Be cool if U2 rehearsed up a bunch of never played, rarely played or not played in a long time tunes. God Part II, Hawkmoon 269, Van Dieman's Land to name a few. Not that MOFO wouldn't be great fun again!
  8. gonna see them on june 10th!
  9. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

Have a good show. The Bowl show was great. It was good to see them get away from some of the more usual tunes. Seems Peter writes the set list each night and they've been adding and moving tunes around.

Be cool if U2 rehearsed up a bunch of never played, rarely played or not played in a long time tunes. God Part II, Hawkmoon 269, Van Dieman's Land to name a few. Not that MOFO wouldn't be great fun again!

fully agree with you there!
    but i think we all want rarities in the show... if u2 would look at this forum.......

but in honest i dont think MOFO would fit in in any of there tours...
  10. Originally posted by ad87[..]

fully agree with you there!
    but i think we all want rarities in the show... if u2 would look at this forum.......

but in honest i dont think MOFO would fit in in any of there tours...

I think if U2 themed the encore sets. Like on the last tour they did a bit of a 3 song ZOO encore bit.

They could do the same with POP and alternate that spot in the shows. One night Pop, one night ZOO, one night Boy... it'd be good fun for the band and fans alike.

U2 should hire me as a consultant! (hahahaha) Not like we don't all wish for such a fun job as that!
  11. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

I think if U2 themed the encore sets. Like on the last tour they did a bit of a 3 song ZOO encore bit.

They could do the same with POP and alternate that spot in the shows. One night Pop, one night ZOO, one night Boy... it'd be good fun for the band and fans alike.

U2 should hire me as a consultant! (hahahaha) Not like we don't all wish for such a fun job as that!

then we'll be like a kid in a candy store...

but yes they could switch,but the thing is that they must rehears the whole part from boy to pop and they don't want that i'll guess... but it would be awesome to hear some rare songs

another time another place in the encore ...

but were going a bit off topic here..
  12. Originally posted by ad87[..]

then we'll be like a kid in a candy store...

but yes they could switch,but the thing is that they must rehears the whole part from boy to pop and they don't want that i'll guess... but it would be awesome to hear some rare songs

another time another place in the encore ...

but were going a bit off topic here..

Yep. Sorry. I'm off topic. But life is ALL U2 related. At least to me!

In that, I would think it would be good for U2 to take REM's lead and make an album fast, cut out the mid-tempo and slower more produced stuff and do what they aimed to do for the last time... if they wanted to recapture that energy and punk spirit... they might take REM's lead.

Someone have Peter Buck's phone number? Have him call up U2.