1. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

Yep. Sorry. I'm off topic. But life is ALL U2 related. At least to me!

In that, I would think it would be good for U2 to take REM's lead and make an album fast, cut out the mid-tempo and slower more produced stuff and do what they aimed to do for the last time... if they wanted to recapture that energy and punk spirit... they might take REM's lead.

Someone have Peter Buck's phone number? Have him call up U2.

06-90878933

P. Buck

2. Originally posted by ad87[..]

06-90878933

P. Buck

noted

(puts in number)... oooooh, it's ringing...

hahahha
  3. Just in case someone is hesitating to buy tickets: Take a look at the last 3 sets and get your tickets asap

14 June 2008 - Jones Beach Theater, Wantagh, NY
    support: Modest Mouse, The National
    set: Have You Ever Seen The Rain? / So. Central Rain / These Days / Living Well Is The Best Revenge / What's The Frequency, Kenneth? / Man-Sized Wreath / 1,000,000 / Ignoreland / Hollow Man / Welcome To The Occupation / Houston / Electrolite / Horse To Water / The One I Love / Let Me In / Bad Day / Orange Crush / I'm Gonna DJ
    encore: Supernatural Superserious / Losing My Religion / It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) / Fall On Me / Man On The Moon
    notes: Lightning struck one of the towers which forced the evacuation of the theater and shortened Modest Mouse's set. R.E.M. came on at 10:10pm after a lengthy rain delay. Johnny Marr guests on Fall On Me and Man On The Moon

18 June 2008 - Mann Center for the Performing Arts, Philadelphia, PA
    set: These Days / Living Well Is The Best Revenge / What's The Frequency, Kenneth? / Wolves, Lower / Man-Sized Wreath / Turn You Inside Out / Imitation Of Life / Staring Down The Barrel Of The Middle Distance / Ignoreland / Bad Day / Hollow Man / The Great Beyond / Houston / Electrolite / Walk Unafraid / The One I Love / Find The River / Let Me In / Departure / Life And How To Live It / Orange Crush / I'm Gonna DJ
    encore: Supernatural Superserious / Losing My Religion / Begin The Begin / Fall On Me / Man On The Moon
    notes: Eddie Vedder guests on Begin The Begin. Johnny Marr guests on Fall On Me and Man On The Moon

19 June 2008 - Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
    set: Living Well Is The Best Revenge / These Days / What's The Frequency, Kenneth? / Bad Day / Drive / Hollow Man / Ignoreland / Man-Sized Wreath / Leaving New York / Disturbance At The Heron House / Houston / Electrolite / (Don't Go Back To) Rockville / Driver 8 / Harborcoat / The One I Love / Until The Day Is Done / Let Me In / Horse To Water / Pretty Persuasion / Orange Crush / I'm Gonna DJ
    encore: Supernatural Superserious / Losing My Religion / Begin The Begin / Fall On Me / Man On The Moon
    notes: Johnny Marr guests on Fall On Me and Man On The Moon
  4. this album is a grower. Much better than Coldplay's offering. Great 35 minute blast
  5. Originally posted by germcevoythis album is a grower. Much better than Coldplay's offering. Great 35 minute blast

Just depends I think. I like the more melodic kind of rock Coldplay has. R.E.M.´s Accelerate is great, but it´s pure rock. Nothing wrong with that, I like it too. They both produced great albums. Hopefully I can add another to that list in October/November.
  6. Originally posted by yeahJust in case someone is hesitating to buy tickets: Take a look at the last 3 sets and get your tickets asap

i have it already 2th of july i'm going..
    looking forward to it if i see these set-lists

7. REM related...

Michael Stipe signing my Taylor acoustic at the BOOK SOUP store on Sunset. Michael was there signing copies of the REM photo book called "Hello!!!"

Micael signing my book.

More Michael...

8. That's awesome Anstratdubh! I'm very jealous!
  9. I'm off to see them at the Loreley tonight. Should be fun.

10. ive heard ticket sales havent been goin well. 29,000 for cardiffs millenium stadium. Sounds like Popmart