1. I am a big fan of Coldplay and every gig I've been to they've always been awesome - even their dodgy poppy stuff too

They may have had a dip and been a bit embarrassing at times but as guys and as a live band, they've always been top.

In 2017 I saw U2 at Twickenham 2 nights on the bounce and then popped over to Cardiff to catch Coldplay's gig and I have to say that the atmosphere at the Cardiff gig topped the Twickenham gigs - which were also great gigs btw

Ah, what a week that was
  2. This letter sending thing kind of improves the idea started by U2 w SOE promotion (remember those songs list with blackouts and silhouettes?)

Interesting stuff hopefully the visual style in VLV manner will bring them back to more rock sound!
  3. Originally posted by TheRealEdge:I am a big fan of Coldplay and every gig I've been to they've always been awesome - even their dodgy poppy stuff too

They may have had a dip and been a bit embarrassing at times but as guys and as a live band, they've always been top.

In 2017 I saw U2 at Twickenham 2 nights on the bounce and then popped over to Cardiff to catch Coldplay's gig and I have to say that the atmosphere at the Cardiff gig topped the Twickenham gigs - which were also great gigs btw

Ah, what a week that was
    I do agree. The last album may not be good but live they are amazing.
  4. Do they even play live anymore?

I saw them in 2016 and thought they were good at the time but looking back at videos, it just comes across as cringy, the whole sort of nicey-nicey act that Chris puts on, in my opinion.

Perhaps I'm just becoming cynical, haha.
  5. Think they’ve been average at best, poor really for a while now. Last seen them on the twisted logic tour and they were still a great band then. I quite enjoyed bits of the ghost stories live cd/dvd but wanted another 2 or 3 songs at the level of ink, true love and O. However, I’ve always got hope they’ve got another great album in them and hope this is it. A double album full of great tunes could be something remarkable.
  6. The only problem with a double album is that it could mean double the amount of dross.
  7. I'm optimistic for this album, I reckon it could be a return to form and has Viva la Vida written all over it. Which, by the way, after a return listen to last night is an exceptional & criminally under appreciated album.
  8. YES to every word. I'm also optimistic
  9. With the second album of the double titled Sunset then does that mean it could be the end?
  10. There have been talks of quitting since 2013 iirc so I wouldn't worry about that too much. These guys just love music and I bet they won't be quitting any time soon.
  11. Chris Martin would love it if you thought so while buying the collector's edition and tickets to what'll "probably be their final tour".

Which is what he says after every fuckin' album.