1. Up the Glasgow Rangers. WATP.
  2. Glasgow fucking Rangers πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
  3. A Scottish club making a major European final in this day in age is incredible.
  4. Well done Rangers! The same for Feyenoord (although i'm an Ajax supporter 😜)
  5. WATP
  6. Is 2008 too long ago to be considered ‘this day and age’? Rangers had no chance in that Europa League Final vs Zenit St Petersburg due to Scottish FA making them play something like 5 games in 2 weeks beforehand,whereas the Russian FA stopped Zenit playing as soon as they reached the Final to concentrate on that game.Everton beat Zenit 1-0 in the group stage that year,strange format of playing 2 teams home and away & 1 team just once.If we didn’t beat AZ Alkmaar away in the last group game,they would have qualified for last 32 other than Zenit.Be great if Rangers win it this year,I’m right behind the teddy bearsπŸ‘πŸ»
  7. Yes well done. Giovanni van Bronkhorst. And Feyenoord after so many years a Dutch team in a final. But okay. Although I'm an FC Twente supporter... Hope we beat F. in the last game of the season
  8. Originally posted by gmc:[..]
    Is 2008 too long ago to be considered ‘this day and age’? Rangers had no chance in that Europa League Final vs Zenit St Petersburg due to Scottish FA making them play something like 5 games in 2 weeks beforehand,whereas the Russian FA stopped Zenit playing as soon as they reached the Final to concentrate on that game.Everton beat Zenit 1-0 in the group stage that year,strange format of playing 2 teams home and away & 1 team just once.If we didn’t beat AZ Alkmaar away in the last group game,they would have qualified for last 32 other than Zenit.Be great if Rangers win it this year,I’m right behind the teddy bearsπŸ‘πŸ»
    2008 was a brilliant achievement and I think finances since then has only moved the elite clubs and leagues further away making it even more difficult to achieve what we have.
    You're spot on, there was no help at all for Rangers in 2008 when it came to a ridiculous run of fixtures we were made to play. I could rant about this and Scotland in general but I'll spare you allπŸ˜‚
    I didn't realise Zenit were that close to not getting through the group, wow things could have been so different, they were a very good side tbf and deservedly won the final. Hopefully this year is different, I never dared think I would see Rangers in a European final and I'm about to see them for a second time.
    I take it you're an Everton fan? I hope you escape relegation this year and build properly going forward. As an outsider it looks like money has been thrown at the team without any real plan. Hopefully things changeπŸ‘
  9. πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™