1. Short translation of Dutch article:

Peter de Vries is a Dutch crime reporter who solved the Natalee Holloway disappearence with an undercover confession of Joran van der Sloot.

Peter de Vries broadcasted his program last Sunday which attracted 7 million viewers in the Netherlands (which only has 16 million people).

During the show, songs of U2, Radiohead and Coldplay were played.

Record label Universal has been contacted a lot since the broadcast of last Sunday because of the song 'Exit', from the Joshua Tree of U2. "Last year a remastered version of the disc was released, we're going to release a special promo single of Exit to Dutch radio channels", according to Joost Bruuns of Universal.

Dutch article:

(Novum) - De invloed van Peter R. de Vries reikt verder dan de misdaadjournalistiek. De veelbesproken uitzending, waarin Joran van der Sloot bekende meer te weten over de verdwijning van Natalee Holloway, heeft een run veroorzaak op de muziek uit de documentaire. Zo waren in de uitzending nummers van U2, Radiohead en Coldplay te horen.

Met platenlabel Universal is sinds de uitzending zondag vaak contact opgenomen over het nummer 'Exit', afkomstig van het legendarische album 'The Joshua Tree' van U2. "Vorig jaar verscheen een geremasterde versie van de plaat", vertelt Joost Bruuns van Universal. "We gaan radiozenders nu een speciale promosingle van 'Exit' of een exemplaar van het album toesturen."

Ook benadert het label platenzaken voor extra toelichting. 'Exit' is niet het bekendste nummer van 'The Joshua Tree', legt Bruuns uit. "We wisten van tevoren niet dat het nummer zou worden gebruikt. Zulke aanvragen gaan vaak automatisch."

I was one of the seven million, and when I heard 'Exit', it was great! Great song, it's nice that it has some promotion now here.

Exit is well played on Dutch radio last week and even made it to some playlist charts.
  2. Wow that's great! I mean, I saw the program too and heard Exit, it was very well chosen.
  3. Fits to the subject..great song
  4. Great for the song Exit but can you please explain me something more about the show...? Do you mean it was used because of the influences on murderers or what ?
  5. Originally posted by BelgianBonoGreat for the song Exit but can you please explain me something more about the show...? Do you mean it was used because of the influences on murderers or what ?

It was part of a reconstruction, how the dead of Natalee Holloway took place with some nightly scenes, Exit fitted the scenes perfectly.
  6. Man your country is awesome.
  7. Yep, that's one cool country..and the people have good taste in music!
    And it's true...not many have heard the song Exit...but once you hear it, you can't get enough!
  8. Originally posted by Remy[..]

It was part of a reconstruction, how the dead of Natalee Holloway took place with some nightly scenes, Exit fitted the scenes perfectly.

Oh ok, thanks for the info, i didn't knew about that Natalee Holloway
  9. it would be cool if it came in to the "top 40" hitcharts !
    radiostations even get a demo from Universal!
    i havent heard it yet but it would be cool to hear it on radio538

best version i think by the way is on rattle and hum vid!
  10. Originally posted by ad87it would be cool if it came in to the "top 40" hitcharts !
    radiostations even get a demo from Universal!
    i havent heard it yet but it would be cool to hear it on radio538

best version i think by the way is on rattle and hum vid!

yes i agree best version .....hey someone from driebergen ...
    welcome i am emiel and i liv in zeist just around the corner .......

11. WTH? They've cut out the best part...weird how normal people (non-U2-fans) fell in love with it so easily!