1. To see this video please visit the forum titled Almost Better Than The Real thing in a place called vertigo forum!
  2. Awesome. You're really talented, Sam. I've played a handful of U2 songs before, but never played ISHFWILF. I'll have to give it a try.
  3. Sounds good. I love to play them too, but unfortunately I don't have the right effects pedals at my apartment. I make sure to jam when I go visit my brother though, since he has thousands of dollars invested into several guitars and several different pedals that make me sound just like Edge!
  4. ya its really fun. Im no speed soloist, i love the ambient stuff. Im gonna post bad tonight! im really excited to let you guys hear them!
  5. Originally posted by thebonodrumsIm gonna post bad tonight! im really excited to let you guys hear them!

Cool. It might be a good idea to keep a topic here in the forums open for this kind of thing, where any members can post their performances of any U2 songs (hopefully we could do this without it turning into a competition, right?!) In fact, I'll ask them to change the name of this topic if you want to post your rendition of "Bad" in this one? What do you think?
  6. oh man great idea Jeremy!!! lets ask Remy and the boys if we can have a topic called, Almost Better Than The Real Thing!!!! Oh this could really work!!! Great idea bro!
  7. Originally posted by thebonodrumsya its really fun. Im no speed soloist, i love the ambient stuff. Im gonna post bad tonight! im really excited to let you guys hear them!

Me too lol, speed is not my thing at all, more because I'm not very "fleet of finger" (I just can get the hang of using my 4th and 5th finger (at speed), which makes anything like Iron Maiden fairly impossible to really play lol. You've really nailed this Sam, as far as I'm concerned, sounds really good
  8. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]
    which makes anything like Iron Maiden fairly impossible to really play lol.

it's the opposite for me, I play so much heavy metal (like Iron Maiden and Metallica) on guitar that I don't remember most of U2 songs I used to play a lot in the past
  9. Originally posted by theedge123[..]

it's the opposite for me, I play so much heavy metal (like Iron Maiden and Metallica) on guitar that I don't remember most of U2 songs I used to play a lot in the past

Ha, I'm a chords man - "3 chords and the truth" type job but I can do some fastish stuff, if only in my own special way lol, e.g. the bassline to Hysteria by Muse or Hunting For Witches by Bloc Party - that said, it doesn't sound right lol, but I've worked them out by ear so I've probably got the technicalities wrong lol...

My bro' is much better at speedy complex stuff, he's currently obsessed with Nightwish, and to be honest there's only so much of Crimson Tide/The Deep Blue Sea that I can take - when he's home that's ALL he plays. I mean yeah I can cope with some metal, but I'm much more of a bluesy soulful ambient kinda guy lol.
  10. Thanks guys!