1. Spinnets, moar spinnets.

2. Thanks mate

This is some amazing cover, including bits of Zoo Station, One, and Lady With the Spinning Head. Ignore the video lol

3. Not interested in any more covers unless they are from bushido529....
  4. I came across this a while ago and absolutely loved it - I've been really into The Fly in the last couple days for some reason!
  5. Didn't know where to put this but this guy has a series where he dissects song in the producer/breakdown way, very excellent video of ISHFWILF. He also did In Gods Country.

6. Someone posted it elsewhere the other day, and I finally watched it today. I've seen loads of Rick Beato's videos (not only from the What Makes This Song Great series, but also about musical theory etc), it's definitely one of my favorite YT channels. Some of the What Makes... videos are just a stem-after-stem but sometimes he has some interesting stuff to say about each of the parts, and helps you discover stuff you hadn't heard or noticed before.

Still Haven't Found is far from being my favorite U2 song (it's actually in the bottom 30% of all U2 songs for me!) but I really appreciated this analysis. Actually my favorite part of the video was the intro, where he openly talks about U2's immense influence and legacy. Coming from someone who has listened (and produced) to loads of different artists and albums from all genres, having such a reassuring statement comforted me a bit. It's great to have some "experienced" musicians praising U2 instead of bashing them for a change.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Coming from someone who has listened (and produced) to loads of different artists and albums from all genres, having such a reassuring statement comforted me a bit. It's great to have some "experienced" musicians praising U2 instead of bashing them for a change.

Yeah, Rick loves and respects U2 and he's shown that multiple times. He's talked about Larry a lot saying he's got some of the most unique, unusual drums of all time, a truly signature drum sound, and has shown love to Adam ( mainly Adam - Larry as a rhythm section ). He's also included Bono in his top rock singers of all time and said the best live singing he's probably ever heard was Bono's in the 'Achtung Baby tour' in 1992 ( he also praised the band's performance on that tour saying they were unbelievable & that every song was nailed to perfection ). He's also said many times he considers Edge to be one of their greatest guitarists of all time and he's fascinated by the sound of Achtung Baby. Of course, he always mentions Eno & Lanois as well. If he did a series of 'Greatest Albums' The Joshua Tree & Achtung Baby would both be there. I agree with you, I also enjoy someone of his 'status' giving credit and showing respect to one of the greatest bands of all time in U2. I believe a lot of Rick's fans, who were not U2 fans, have started listening to U2 in a more appreciative way.
  8. ISHWILF is, like Stay, one of the few U2 songs that the studio recording is better than any live performance.
  9. Yes.

And I'd like to take advantage of the (relative) obscurity of this thread to open a can of worms: in my opinion it's a bit of an exaggeration when people say "all U2 songs sound better live than in studio" or "U2 sound better live than in record" in general. I'd say not even half of them do! They might be fun to listen to live, the singalongs might be epic, the performances can be moving or reduce you to tears, but from a purely musical point of view? Hmmmm. I can't actually think of that many songs that consistently sound objectively better live than in studio.